Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has found a steering stabilizer for the Z yet? I race harescrambles and it is a must on most of our tracks. I have tried Denton but they keep telling me they are working on the brackets. I can't find a phone# for PEP. If anyone has info let me know. Now for those of you that wonder about the differences between the Z and the EX this is my own experience. I have been riding an EX for the last 2 years and they are an awesome machine. I had sold my EX and got a Z. The Z has more mid to top power and the EX seems to be more responsive on the bottom. Irace harescrambles in some really tight woods and the two handle really close to the same.My brother in law has an 01 EX that is piped jetted 14 front sprocket, advance key, xr cam, and we raced with my z bone stock and i would beat him from 2-4 lengths every time. So stock for stock the z will take an EX. I think power wise a modded Z will take a moddedEX due to the technology of the Z's engine.I just hope the Z is as durable as my EX was. Let me know on the stabilizer. THANKS

·
Registered
142 Posts
ive been waiting also. Aint that a bunch of bs to have to wait this long on a damn bracket! Im about ready to go to NAPA and get the old vw damper that was used in the good ole days and make my own like we used to do. Thought about looking at my buddies for a ex and seeing what it would take to make it work. Looked at ex dampers last night at the races some and it didnt exacltly look like the brakects were all that special anyway, looked like made to fit different size tubing on the frame bracket. I really need to get into this aftermarket manufacturing buisness myself if things are really this backed up that one must wait for MONTHS to recieve some of these expensive parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well guys my Z has about 10 hrs on it and i junked that cheezy axle last night. I clipped a small tree and it bent the SH-- out of it.I am going to call the dealer today to see what they will do for me. I'll keep you posted because if you do any hard riding at all youWILL bend it! LATER>>

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Well guys my Z has about 10 hrs on it and i junked that cheezy axle last night. I clipped a small tree and it bent the SH-- out of it.I am going to call the dealer today to see what they will do for me. I'll keep you posted because if you do any hard riding at all youWILL bend it! LATER>>[/b]
Ive heard Z owners complaining about the weak axle. I know I would have already bent mine if I had one. I would recommend Lonestar, and durablue arent that durable. I know someone who bent one of those. Good luck on the axle though. Hope you get things goin. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts