Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
you have to get one that is for a Z i saw in a link one for a banshee

·
Registered
308 Posts
Buy a Gary Denton stabilizer. The PEP's work, but they are weak compared to the Denton, especially since the price went up on them. I had a PEP on my 300EX (that I paid $99 for, now they are $129) and it was sufficient, but the non-rebuildable Denton is much more serious. More adjustments, and just better built. The 3 adjustments on the PEP is a real joke. If you call Denton Racing directly, they will sell it to you for $125. The more expensive rebuildable Denton, just doesn't fit on a Z400. They claim it fits, but a buddy ended up sending it back for the less expensive, non-rebuildable model.

-QuadZ
8O

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I got my Denton from Jeremish Jones. He said that the nonrebuildable last alot longer than the rebuildable. I like it because you can turn it down when youare not in the rough stuff.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
what exactly does a steering stabalizer do?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
It keeps the bars from trying to snap out of your hands in the rough stuff. It is like a shock absorber for for the steering stem. I believe it is one of the best mods for the $. You won't get arm-pump as easy cause you don't have to hang on as tight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nac's Racing (1-866-600-6227) carries PEP products. However, if you have the money I would go with a WER unit. Unfortunately, I'm not sure on availibility of these for the Z400 yet.

Kenny

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm waiting for a Scotts. They have one in production.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts