Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the stock hp? My certificate of origin says 35.2. Yoshimuras, fmf and the other stock hp numbers vary from 24-36. They all run them on their certified dyno's, and I don't understand how or why they would vary so much. Are the Raptor's, 400 ex's, and others are very consistant with their numbers and power curves?

p.s. nice site! 8)

·
Registered
51 Posts
the horsepower differs because of the enviroment of the dyno, every dyno machine is diff, now if every company, and pipe manufacturer tested their product on ONE single dyno, then everything would be legit, but everyone tests on diffrent dynos and get diffrent results, im guessing the 35 is at the crank, i think the rear wheel HP is around 30-32 HP, still VERY good, the 400ex has i think 24-26...

·
Registered
773 Posts
ya i see 33 most often, so thats what im going with. it sounds good to me.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Go to gtthunder.com they have dynos of the stock Z and some with pipes and other mods. He also has info about him testing it.

Later

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The new 2003 Suzuki Z400 made 29.34 HP on the Dynojet Dyno. A stock 400EX recorded 25.98 HP and a stock Yamaha Raptor showed 36.04 HP. While the Z400 may not be up to par with the Yamaha Raptor you need to remember that is also 260cc smaller displacement engine.

While at the Dynojet Research and Development facility we also wanted to see what a DynoJet kit could do for the Z400. With a Dynojet kit installed and airbox lid removed the Z400 produced 31.29 HP. Nearly 2 HP improvement over the stock Z400. Not Bad!

·
Registered
2 Posts
ATV Power

On the certificate of origin(title) it shows my Raptor to have 43.3 RWHP. This is false, but I expect it is making about 33-34 Horsepower. :D The new issue of ATV Sport shows that the Z400 makesa max of 28.5 RWHP :?: and the 400EX makes 27.3 RWHP. :!: I believe ATV Sport, they seem to show the most quality information. I am sure that I will get a negative response from all the Suzuki and Honda owners, :(

Thank You

Nic McMillin

·
Registered
221 Posts
the Z is still unknown. The 400ex is known to be around 27. The Z is anywhere from 29-35. I heard most 32-33, but who knows.
BTW, i saw ATV sport, but they also said the bike was running rich due to elevation. That will take away a decent amount of HP.

dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts