Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the stock suspension on the z400 be able to handle big jumps with my weight? I weight 135 and was wonderin if I should buy aftermarket shocks. And if the stocks one do work, how much air would I be able to get.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ths stock supspension isn't that great. The fronts are really bad, but the back is OK. As far as jumping, you can jump as high as you want, it's the landing that counts.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
dewaddict, you sound like my twin brother, hehe, I weigh 135 too, and drink mt dew and have a customize mt dew plate....

anyways, back to your question, I practice ran several mx track and landing was unbearable. Granted, some of it was my own doing, but even jumping and landing right, it still was rough. Myself, I am going to go ahead and invest into new a-arms and elka shocks, because I want to get serious with racing. But keep in mind that spending the money on high dollar shocks will not make an inexperience rider ride better.... You still have to jump and land properly. It will make the improper landing less painful, but not by that much....

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I way a 140 pounds and i think the stock suspension is preety good for stock. I have jumped my z as high as a chevy 1500 and the shock setting was on three and it was a very smooth landing.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
the shocks have bottomed out for me at a 20ft table top maby like 5ft high

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
the stock suspension is a little soft, I'm bottomed it on not so big of jumps, but I weight about 160, you only weighing about 135 should be ok

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
i only weigh 137

·
Registered
439 Posts
How the hell are you bottoming out on a 20ft tabletop at 5ft high?! Something's wrong there. I've got a friend who's got a nearly 50 ft. double where you reach heighth between 10-15ft depending on how he builds it up before jumping and we both jump fine. He's got a 400EX and I've got my KFX and we have a good time. I bottom out about 3-5 times but that's not bad for stock suspension. (At the moment. My a-arms and axle haven't came in, and shocks haven't been ordered yet) Make them as stiff as they can go, that should help out atleast some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts