Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just got 450 dollars for christmas. I was looking at works shocks, but is there any other better shocks in my price range? I'm in pa and there is like 2 feet of snow so I thinking about getting it ready for spring. 2 feet sucks :cry: .

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
for that price....not much else you can get besides works, I'd say save and get some Elka's or TCS or PEP, all alot better than works

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Works build a great shock!!! You will hear a bunch BS from kids and people who have never owned a set that you need to get high dollar shocks. I have had several sets and have been very happy with them. Use the extra cash on other mods.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With those works shocks will I be able to jump bigger jumps with out bottoming out or will it just be a softer ride?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Tell them what you want to do MX, trails ect. They will build the shocks for your weight and your riding style. Sandy builds mine at works. He has been there a long time. Remember, a shock that is built for MX will not ride great in the trails.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
true, one built for MX will probably be harder, making rough ride in the trails

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking about getting them from alba, but you dont get to pick what riding style you do. I ride trails but I like to jump alot too. I dont race but I jump like about 6-7 feet high and its sucks landing.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Works will sell them for the same price. I paid $369 for the front and a re build for the back was $279.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do they do when they rebuild the back shock? Is it worth it? Also should I be looking at extended a-arms?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
They revalve the back for you just like they would the new fronts. It is cheaper to rebuild the back than buy a new ajustable rear. My shocks made my Z sit about 2 inches lower. But mine is set-up for fast trails. A-arms will make it corner better. If you want arms get them at the same time as shocks. They will need to know the length.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
z400acdc I have been lookin into the Works Triple rates did you go with rezzies or with out

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
No, they would be good for mx were the shock temp is higher.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts