Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of any handling tips for the Z?

llknowlesll

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
flip front wheels, it makes it wider, better handling

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The new works shocks lowered the Z about 2 inches. It made it corner alot better.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I think he meant like cheap stuff

·
Registered
127 Posts
Why would you want to lower the quad that much.. Doesn't that limit you travel or shorten your travel rather. I'm looking into some works shocks, but I dont want to lower my quad any.. I ride trails though.. Please advise..
Also - How do you like works on the Z?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
All I ride is trails and my WORKS shocks lowered the Z 1.5''. You wont lose wheel travel and it rides alot better.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
you are simply lowering center of gravity, nothing more.... you will not lose ground clearance, only wy to do that is run smaller tires.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you lower the quad, you WILL lose ground clearance. You will make the frame rails closer to the ground as well as the A-arms. You cannot lower something without bringing it closer to the gound.
AC

·
Registered
127 Posts
So now we have two different opinions here. I'm kinda lost how you lower the quad 1.5" without bringing some part of the bike down. I can def. be wrong.. please advise..

·
Registered
320 Posts
You will also lose wheel up travel, but you will gain more down travel. The way you are adjusting ride height is by adjusting where the bike sits in the travel with just a rider. In order to lower the bike 1.5 inches, you are bringing the bike 1.5 inches closer to the ground. you are allowing more sag in the suspension, thereby using some up travel just to hold you. You will have more down travel in the suspension. This setup is typically better for just about all types of smooth riding. Unless you are rockcrawling the added stability in turns will be more than enough to make this scarafice in ground clearance worth it.
AC

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
you are not losing ground clearance, not in terms of the lowest point. Sure, some component up high will come lower, but the lowest point will not change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts