Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 2002 Suzuki. It was owned by my cousin since 2002 and he took great care of it until he left for college. Well he was gone for a while and my uncle decided to give me his Suzuki if I would replace the carb. I asked my brother if I could keep it as his place, and when I went to work on it I found it pretty messed up. He had ripped the carb out, and broke several parts. I've got just about everything rebuilt, and the carb back in place. My issues now though is that I do not know where most of the tubes go. I got this carburetor, but I am not sure where the pink line goes. I've got the fuel line in place and connected to the gas tank, and we removed the bottom tube because its just a vent tube(AFAIK). I am not sure where the pink line goes, and the other line controls the idle.

My other question is where the rest of the lines go, that are not attached to the carb. Upon finding my Suzuki at my brothers I saw that many of the tubes were just hanging. I can upload a picture if needed but essentially there's a clear tube that comes from the front underneath the gas tank. I cant figure out what it goes to. There's a couple other similar lines in different locations but I can't figure out what they do.

I would really appreciate any help or links to any resources that might help me. I have looked through the manual but it doesn't show where each line on the carb and around the carb goes or gets connected to. I am not very mechanically inclined and this 4 wheeler is my intro into the basics of repair.

·
Administrator
3,961 Posts
No idea about your carb, specifically, but the Z has a vaccum operated Petcock, that has a vaccum line from a port on the carb to allow fuel flow. I would check the petcock for a Vaccum line. The clear tube is probably a vent hose, which would connect to the carb. It might be a larger fitting, that has less suction on it. That bottom tube directs fuel spillage to a safer location.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea about your carb, specifically, but the Z has a vaccum operated Petcock, that has a vaccum line from a port on the carb to allow fuel flow. I would check the petcock for a Vaccum line. The clear tube is probably a vent hose, which would connect to the carb. It might be a larger fitting, that has less suction on it. That bottom tube directs fuel spillage to a safer location.
I appreciate the response. I have hooked up the vacuum line. Here are some pictures. Does this look correct?

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,961 Posts
the vaccum line is connected to the other side of the Z petcock but I did not fully get it in the picture.
I couldn't see it at all. I suspect that the breather tube coming under your tank may have been the one that goes to your carb, but you would need a connector and more hose if it doesn"t reach. Blow see if you can blow through it to verify its open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts