Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New OEM Carb. New wiseco piston. Stock pipe stock jets....Runs fine and idles fine...hitt he gas and it dies. slowly go into the throttle it seems to want to run okay. Jack up the rear end and it helps getting the tires going but soon as you hit the throttle it dies.. CLutches bad? what do i look for....cant seem to get this thing to move it just wants to die and not go anywhere....:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.....
Removed clutches and belt to roll that out and still does the same thing....It seems to run better on choke then off...not getting enough fuel? has stock exhaust and no mods at all....new piston is stock...stumped

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Possibly a vacuum leak or leak in the diaphragm that raises the needle? Not sure about that particular carb, but that’s what sounds like is happening.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
carb is brand new and it doesn't have an internal diaphragm. there is a vacuum line that hooks to the carb and it is hooked up. could there be an issue with the fuel pet WooterWooterWooterWooter where the vacuum line hooks up?

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
It’s possible, but doubt it. The fact that the choke helps makes it seem like enough fuel is getting to the carb. I assumed you set the float level correctly.
I’d spray carb cleaner around the outside of the carb to check for carb-to-head boot leaks while it’s running. If not, take the intake off and watch the needle rise as you push the throttle. I imagine that’s where your problem is. Did it have stock jets before? How many turns from seated was the old carb’s mixture screw? Is the needle adjustable and on the same setting as the old one? What you’re describing could also just be a matter of adjusting the mixture screw out a half-turn or so. If it doesn’t help, turn it back to where it was and look elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
What you’re describing could also just be a matter of adjusting the mixture screw out a half-turn or so.
This.. Gotta get some more fuel to it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts