Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my new Suzuki Belly and Shock Link skids today. Wow, what a biatch that belly skid was to put on - if you have the AC front bumper. The three back screws were no problem, but where it attached at the front interfered with the bumper. I had to bend, and hammer, and bend some more to finally get the skid to attach outside of the bumper. It's all scratched up now, but it's not like you can see it or anything - it's under the bike. And isn't the job of the skid plate to get scratched up, anyway? Then, I stripped the allen bolt on the linkage skid. I had to hack apart the plastic skid in order to grab the bolt with pliers. Luckily, I had an extra bolt for that. Finally after alot of cursing and swearing, everything looks pretty good now. Now I won't be afraid to slide over some big-arse rocks! :D Now all I need are the A-arm guards. (Christmas list!)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
All of mine went on good except for the Suzuki Swing arm i stripped the bolt there but i also had the stock bumper for the front

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it would have fit perfectly with the stock bumper. The mounting arms on the AC are just so thick, they were in the way. Those allen bolts on the link skid are SO soft. I barely turned them and they were stripped!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
yea, I've taken mine off before cause I had a rock stuck in them that was rattling and really getting on my nerves, it was a pain to take off and put back on

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, if I ever have to take it off to clean or something, I'm just removing the back three bolts and leave those front two on. I'll just bend it up or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts