Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K guys. Whats your thoughts on which ones are best.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Pro Armour's new design is just as good as PRM's.
Its pretty much personal preference.
I like the Pro Armour the best

·
Registered
178 Posts
PRM... The rest of my skids are Pro Armor but I didn't like their swing arm design, so I bought the PRM and no regrets. One hell of a thick plate

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i like suzukis swingarm skid. Its tough.

·
Registered
717 Posts
How does the Suzuki aftermarket skids, guards and bumpers compare to say PRM and Pro ARmour's products?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I bought a stainless skid from JPMX. It is a little heavy but tuff $50.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
JPMX 270-622-5644

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was looking at getting the PRM from just what I read, but I saw some pics of it and although it is one whole piece, the portion that covers the linkage appears to "bevel-out" and decrease the clearance underneath. Although the Pro-Armor is in 2 pieces, the distance factor is eliminated (plus I think it looks better afterall)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
How does the Suzuki aftermarket skids, guards and bumpers compare to say PRM and Pro ARmour's products?[/b]
There just at tough if not better and i thought suzuki had the best design for the swingarm skid. Just whay i think.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the DG swing arm skid plate it was hard to install hole didn’t line up very good had to tweak it to get the bolts in and I tore it up at a gravel pit. Had to get it welded because some of the welds broke, next time round going to go with Pro Armor.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
AC is inexpensive and alot better than the stock, but not nearly as strong as the Pro Armor or PRM. If you're short on cash, then the AC is fine. If you can afford it, definitely get the P.A. or PRM. My AC bent the first time out. (on the bright side: it only bent about 1/4 of an inch - if it had been the stock skid, the brake rotor would have been bent instead!)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ANYBODY herd of an armadillo skidplate??

Are these any good??

·
Registered
970 Posts
I was looking at getting the PRM from just what I read, but I saw some pics of it and although it is one whole piece, the portion that covers the linkage appears to "bevel-out" and decrease the clearance underneath.  Although the Pro-Armor is in 2 pieces, the distance factor is eliminated (plus I think it looks better afterall)[/b]
The distance factor is only eliminated if you eliminate your rear shock.

It sticks down, hence it's covered by the PRM. I like mine a lot.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I have the original PRO Armor swing skid, GARBAGE DESIGN AND IT SUCKS.
My girl has the PRM and it has held up TEN TIMES BETTER than my Pro Armor, straight up, no BS.
Pro Armor's new design sucks in my opinion and isn't worth the extra money over the great design that PRM has. If you're worried about the clearance issues with how PRM covers the shock mount, well don't worry. When it's on the quad, that spot is waaaay up outta dangers way. As a matter of fact, that part hasn't even been hit on my woman's Z. Go with the PRM and save yourself some money. I know I'll be replacing my Pro Armor with a PRM. The PRM is a great quality piece and I really wish I would've just bought that one instead of thinking that just cause the Pro Armor was more expensive that it was better. Dang nabbit anyhow.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Is prm pro armor?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts