Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im want to swap the key down to where the reverse switch is and the reverse switch to where the key is. What should I do about the reverse switch being to small for the key hole ??

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Sorry but can I ask why? Wouldn't it be easier to maybe drill a hole for the key switch some where on the plastics? Or if you are set on it you could get a drd reverse lever for your handlebars and ditch the reverse knob.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
You could drill a hole pretty much anywhere you like but I would maybe do it in front of the fuel cap (can't remember if there is enough space there or not) or on the left side of the front plastics.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
+1 on the hotstart. I ran my reverse to a hotstart lever on the clutch perch and mounted my key in the reverse hole. I mounted the key switch right on the reverse knob bracket and found a grommet to fill the gap.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the idea of putting the key switch where the reverse knob is. I dont really want to cluster my grips all up with stuff. And i dont race so I dont need to be super quick and throw into reverse or anything. Could I buy a dash that would be drilled for the reverse knob you think ?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about a Dr. D reverse lever ? And then putting the key where the reverse knob is. How much is a used Dr. D reverse lever usually cost ? And is anyone selling theres ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts