Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2014 ltz400 the other day it’s all good except this, the headlight works perfectly fine but the tail light/brake light both don’t work, I can tell it’s this wire but idk which wire is for what

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
its negative wire, and it got disconnectod, happened to me , for me it got out of the metel thing who hold the cable, i opened up the the light and made onther cable end to it , then with a driling screw , i just put the new screw near its originaly place.
all u need to make sure is the connect the ground to metal.

·
Super Moderator
4,467 Posts
Yes, that’s the ground. The other two are tail light positive and brake light positive. Neither will work without the ground connected to the frame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that’s the ground. The other two are tail light positive and brake light positive. Neither will work without the ground connected to the frame.
The headlight works normally but the taillight goes on, on the first turn of they key, then when u turn it to the second the headlight turns on but the taillight turns off

·
Super Moderator
4,467 Posts
Still ground it first. If that doesn’t cure it, possibly your ignition switch isn’t making a contact internally.

·
Super Moderator
4,467 Posts
I would put a terminal lug on the end of it and screw it right into the subframe with a self-tapping screw. If you’re not into that, just splice a wire on it and connect it to the negative battery terminal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts