Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Is it Carbon or Titanium? I dont really now how you would tell...Unless you could describe the end cap. Or post a pic of it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Same as the stainless Yoshi slipon on their site. If your endcap is straight out it looks funny if you want the larger tec option. When you buy the TEC kit from Yoshi the tips are bent just a little. Yoshi says the bent tips will work in the Team Suzuki Yoshi with the straight cap but I didnt chance it. Going to buy a complete system once all the shoot outs are in.

·
Registered
717 Posts
is it titanium?
It is either the Titanium "Pro" Slip On or the Stainless Steel "Competition" System

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So this one does not have the quiet insert? I just picked it up today and havent had time to open it up and look?

And is the sparky removeable?

thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
On the Team Zuki Yoshi the spark arrestor is built into the small tip (insert).
The small tip is standard with this slip-on pipe. If you choose to buy the TEC kit from Yoshi for the medium insert the spark arrestor is also built into that as well.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/exhaust_dirt.asp

You can see the inserts under the Titanium "Pro" System pic in the link above. Yours looks like the small tip Z400Team. It is the quiet insert.
The spark arrestor is not removable unless you cut the tip off and enlarge the exhaust hole.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I can order the other end cap from Yoshi? Will the small cap hurt performance....I like the quiet idea....but not a power loss

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yes, you can order the endcap but is around $80.00 Not worth it.
Dex is right. I wouldnt think you would feel much of a difference with the medium tip.

I cut my small insert out and enlarged the hole keeping the spark arrestor. A big difference in sound.
DO NOT do this if you want it to be somewhat quiet.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Resq: How did you take the tec? system out...I plan taking the quad up to FST soon....so I wanna get rid of it...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just remove the end cap by the three allen head screws. Yoshi recomends a rejet of two sizes if you remove the tec insert completely out.
Around here we have to ride with a spark arrestor, so I cut the tip off at the base and used a dremel tool to grind the hole out larger.

The small tip is welded onto a round plate, then the wire mesh that makes up the spark arrestor is spot welded onto the back side. It will make more sense when you take the end cap off and get a look at the insert.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This ONE is Stainless, Comp Slip on

is it titanium?
It is either the Titanium "Pro" Slip On or the Stainless Steel "Competition" System[/b]

I have the Titanium Tri Oval Race design, it does not look at all like this.

I believe you have the SS Comp SLip on, tested by several mags...very good slip on!

·
Registered
715 Posts
is it titanium?
It is either the Titanium "Pro" Slip On or the Stainless Steel "Competition" System[/b]
It's neither. Yosh made a slip on for suzuki to market as a "factory" slip-on exhaust. Dirt Wheels (or one of the mags) did a write up on it. The power gains were around one H.P. . It's not the same as the pro series.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts