Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki ltz 400. KN filter with sock, no lid. Otherwise stock
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what type if connector is used for the fan temp sensor? I can't find a generic pigtail for the harness and the dealer wasn't much help. My connector is broken so the fan is hard wired on. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Sleeve Fluid Finger Thumb Electric blue

·
Super Moderator
4,994 Posts
As far as I know, you have to get those from a bad harness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called around to some dealers and auto shops. It seems that's your right jetmech, they all said you have to get a new harness or find an old one. I scoured the internet and found a connector that looks like it will fit but it's a shot in the dark. I'll follow up if it ends up working.
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting Font Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
4,994 Posts
You could always just solder the two wires to the switch and heat shrink them.

·
Registered
448 Posts

Try these guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't able to find it on the website. But I was able to find the connector. Found it on a website called Iwireservices.com. And of all things it is an atmospheric pressure sensor for a Subaru. Good news there! Bad news is looking at factory cooling fan setups, it looks like there is a relay wired to the fan also. The wiring diagram I have doesn't show a relay. Can anyone confirm that it is supposed to have one? Thanks!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Microphone Bumper Rim
Skin Hand Fluid Finger Gesture

·
Super Moderator
4,994 Posts
I don’t have the wiring diagram, but I would think it should need a relay. The temp sensor sends power to the relay, which turns on the fan. Something has to tell the fan switch to turn on when it’s hot.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't able to find it on the website. But I was able to find the connector. Found it on a website called Iwireservices.com. And of all things it is an atmospheric pressure sensor for a Subaru. Good news there! Bad news is looking at factory cooling fan setups, it looks like there is a relay wired to the fan also. The wiring diagram I have doesn't show a relay. Can anyone confirm that it is supposed to have one? Thanks!
View attachment 49877 View attachment 49879
I know this is an old post but I am needing this connector as well. Do you have a part number of the one you used?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts