Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki ltz 400. KN filter with sock, no lid. Otherwise stock
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what type if connector is used for the fan temp sensor? I can't find a generic pigtail for the harness and the dealer wasn't much help. My connector is broken so the fan is hard wired on. Any info would be great. Thanks!

20210410_101347.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
As far as I know, you have to get those from a bad harness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called around to some dealers and auto shops. It seems that's your right jetmech, they all said you have to get a new harness or find an old one. I scoured the internet and found a connector that looks like it will fit but it's a shot in the dark. I'll follow up if it ends up working.
Screenshot_20210413-080730_Chrome.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
You could always just solder the two wires to the switch and heat shrink them.

·
Registered
392 Posts

Try these guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't able to find it on the website. But I was able to find the connector. Found it on a website called Iwireservices.com. And of all things it is an atmospheric pressure sensor for a Subaru. Good news there! Bad news is looking at factory cooling fan setups, it looks like there is a relay wired to the fan also. The wiring diagram I have doesn't show a relay. Can anyone confirm that it is supposed to have one? Thanks!
20210415_201908.jpg
20210415_201855.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
I don’t have the wiring diagram, but I would think it should need a relay. The temp sensor sends power to the relay, which turns on the fan. Something has to tell the fan switch to turn on when it’s hot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ended up getting a relay and harness from Autozone. Wired it all up with the new connector and it's all good! Appreciate the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts