Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know who makes good tether kill switches besides prodesign, how much they are, and what the website is. also i was looking for one that i didnt have to drill a hole in my plastics, or cut any wires to install it.

Thanx

·
Registered
300 Posts
Gunner

I bought a gunner kill switch. Bought it from the local suzuki dealer, cuz he gives me a good deal on parts. Came from parts unlimited. Also comes in different colors. I paid like 25 for it.

Kevin
Zoom400

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do u have a pic of it? did u have to drill holes or cut wires?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
???????????? any one?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pro design is the best you can buy

do u have a pic of it? did u have to drill holes or cut wires?[/b]

you don't have to drill holes or cut wires. It mounts right on the handlebar, and I bought male and female flat electrical parts from Radio shack, so I unplugged the stator wire. plugged it into the male fiting, spliced in the kill switch wire, putht e female on the other end and plugged it iinto the stator

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is pro design the way to go?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought a maier kill swithch from my neighbor for 17 bucks cause i liked it and i didnt have to wait for it to come in the mail. anyone know how to connect a maier kill switch to a z400? The wires that is.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
???????????????????? :? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
no idea i have one myself but have the same problem i hooked it up to the orange wires and when it is pulled out it runs but when its in it stops so that defitess the purpose but if you find out pm me telling me what wires

·
Registered
20 Posts
hooking up the kill switch

the long wire splices into the coil/stator wire...has a 90 degree flat plug and is plugged into the top of the coil (round thing above, behind the radiator and on the brake side of the bike). The short wire grounds to any frame bolt

if yours is hooked up so it runs only when the cord is pulled you are wired backwards or to the wrong wire

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
actually i hate to say it but your wrong meier gave some new directions and you cut into the kill switch wires but i cant figure out which wires are the run-off switch goes to you have to splice intto both of them but i dont know what color wires but he could be a little write look and see what color wires those are and connect to them

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im cunfused. 8O

·
Registered
20 Posts
My directions work

for a pro design kill switch, the best and most common around...I don't know abouy hooking up a Maier

·
Registered
91 Posts
i had a maier on my LT, just took it off before this weekend and switched to a pro-design kil switch, i'm much happier with the pro design unit.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
well i at least know one of the wires you have to tap into is the solid orange on just cant find the other

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
yo i just got an Aluminum PINGLE tether for mine its so awesome way better that pro Design and Maier

G

·
Pro Design Kill Switch install. Should be the same install

Pro Design kill switch on a KFX400 or Z400 will hook up as follows: It is not necessary to remove any plastic or do any major wire moving. Squatting on the right side of the bike (brake pedal side) look just behind the radiator. There you will see the coil. It's a small black cylinder. The coil is connected by 2 (two) wires. One is black and is the "pulse wire" and the other wire is black and white. The black wire connecting to the coil will be the closest to you if you are squatting on the right side of the bike and looking toward the bike. The black wire is connected to the coil with a spade connector which pulls from the coil very easily. Use a needle nose pliers to get to it. You have to unhook it so you can work with it. To get to it you have to push gently away some other wires, etc. in the general vicinity. Now, using a small saddle type wire connector Click here -> http://auffarth.com/connector.jpg you take the long wire from the Pro Design Kill Switch and using the saddle type wire connector or similar connector, connect the Pro Design "long wire" to the black pulse wire. Now, the other wire coming from your Pro Design Kill switch (the short one) goes to any available frame bolt on the bike and is your ground wire. Remember to hook the black wire with the spade connector back up to the coil after you have connected/spliced in the long Pro Design wire. That's it to the install on the KFX400 or Z400. Bill in NY
p.s. Do NOT try to install one of these by cutting into the handle bar kill switch. All you will do is blow the fuse!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Thanks Bill! :)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I bought a couple of the maier normally closed kill switches. Very nice set up for $25.

I have two left.

PM me if you are interested
thanks
ty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts