Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feels like I've ridden just about everywhere near the Dallas area. Does anyone here ride near Dallas? If so, where?
Places been:
Red River
Rocky Ridge
Grapevine
Lavonia (closed now)
Gator Run

I would like to find a fun close place where my son and I could ride after school. We used to be able to go to Lavonia but since it's closed we're kinda stuck.

Wandering......... :x

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Do yall like MX tracks? If yall do there is a MX track about 10 to 15 minutes past lavon trails on 78. If you want directions I just let me know? I will be out of town all weekend so if I dont answer till sunday or monday that is why.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give it to me...

Would love directions. Are they open on week days. My sons out of school till next week and we wanna try some new places.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Sorry I am just now answering this but I was out of town once again and just got in. Yes they are open on weekdays. Here is there web site address www.boondoxxx.com There is directions and all that good stuff you need on the web site. And friday, the day after turkey day is free. I will be there all day friday. I fyou want to meet up out there here is my e-mail adress [email protected]

·
Registered
127 Posts
Which Red River have you been to? There are two of them.. One is in Muenster and there is another in BOnham i think..

How was Gator Run? I have heard of it but never been there?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Muenster

Muenster. We went last weekend. I haven't heard much about the other place at Red River other than it's smaller than Muenster.

Gator Run was OK. It seemed to have more for the Mud Doggers out there.
Not many jumps but some good trails.

I really would like to hook up with a cross country racing group. The only one I've found is in Oklahoma. It's the OCCRA or Oklahoma Cross Country Racing Association. Unlike to Texas based TCCRA they have Quad classes.
Does anyone know of these races, raced in them or have any other information?
With the mass growth of high performance quad sales in this area I would expect some one in the area to pick up a race series here.
Darren

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of the best places that we have found to ride in at Lake Murray. It is staight up 35. It takes about 1.5 hrs from Lewisville. Great trail riding.

·
Registered
127 Posts
WOW.. I have never heard of this place.. Can you give us some more details..
Is it private? What does it cost ect?
What kind of riding is it?
If you dont mind give me the scoop.. I love Red River, but I really like to go riding in new places..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lake Murray

Lake Murray is EXCELLENT! They currently don't charge a thing. There is a hugh number of long trails and a great sandy drag area. A few jumps and "pits" add some variety to this place.
The OCCRA (Oklahoma Cross Country Racing Association) will start it's racing season off this year on March 2nd at Lake Murray. They offer 4 quad classes. Currently they seem to be the only group close to Texas that offers quad classes.

Darren

·
Registered
127 Posts
Darren,

Is there a particular place to go there? I might head up there this Sunday.. It is suppose to be in the 60's.. Before it gets to cold I would like to get in another ride... Is there a website or a place to get more detailed directions? Thanks again really.. That is kinda a long drive but I think it will be worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry that i did not get back with you before the weekend. To get to Murray, go north on 35 into Oklahoma. Take exit 24 and go east. You will go threw one traffic light. A few miles past the traffic light, you will see a gas station on your left, the name is something race track. Turn right and go for about 1 mile. On your left you will see a dirt road, this is the entrance to the park.

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I am registered at texasatvs.com The only problem with that is that probably 99% of the people on that board live around the houston area. Good people and good site though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Is there anywhere in Austin or San Antonio to ride at all? I cant find anything on these two places..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Boondoxx

Boondoxxx has just changed their track up some. It's great.
If your not familiar with them check out the web site.

http://www.boondoxxx.com/

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I went out to boondoxx about a monthe ago when they had just started redoing the track. Are they completly done w/ the track darren?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts