Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys get your frozen pivot bolts out with minimal tears, blood, sorrow and fear?

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did but all i came up with were about what bolts to buy or bolts for sale. :p thanks tho man

edit, link don't work

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Those did, thanks. oh boy this won't be fun

·
Registered
396 Posts
Jack the quad up by its under belly near the rear swing arm about its half way point so the tires are on the ground to remove weight from the bolt. A air hammer is helpful here to work it lose, a impact gun is also helpful if you have these tools. A long punch that will fit in the hole of the bolt and a 20lbbig sledge are a must. Just keep hitting it and trying different points with the jack level until you find its sweet spot. If no impact at least try getting it to turn every few hits. Takes a while but it will break loose. Good luck.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've got all but a air hammer, thanks

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Sprayed the heck out of it with pb blaster, then I used an old tie rod that was laying around and smashed that into the bolt end, came out with a bunch of hits. This is fine, as long as you don't plan on ever using that tie rod again.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
or just find someone that will give you an RMA.....

·
Registered
765 Posts
good luck, mine was so seized that i had to drill it out of the case

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ha I just saw this thread. At least your pivot bolt wasn't like mine. WELDED. No nut on the bolt. Guy says "it ain't going nowhere". Morons. I got some use of the grinder yesterday needless to say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts