Suzuki Central Forum banner

the pics from injury ( very graphic) beware

2K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  BKBATV 
#1 ·
here the story 2 nd time out for pratice at london ky 4-12-02 going down the jump down by the pond came off real hard and landed just right, ended up shattering the bottom of tiblau into ten pieces they were only able to save 1 small piece and screwed it back on and rebiult the rest with bone from by hip 6 hr suregry week in the hospital, 11 weeks wearing that fixture so now its july and i have been outside only to go to the doctors office. doctor says not able to put weight on till mid of august then i finnaly got to start rehab . which brings us to the present still doing rehab cant walk right get but making alot of progress . thank god for my wife taking care me ,doing everything around the house and now getting back into the sport of racing . up untill sept i had done nothing in my garage so she found a 250r atc and made me buy to fix up, then found me a leager quad to buy and redo to sell . the plan is for me to just mechanic this year maybe 1 tt race and in 04 to compete for a tt tiltle . so now i am back in i told her that i wanted to build a four stroke quad for my best racing buddy and freind she said go for it . we picked up the 03 suz 2 weeks ago and brung home didnt ever ride it before i tore it down. the 03 will consist of gibson a-arms, gibson stem,ac pro pegs,bumper, titainum exhaust,all quad tech products, all K&K products,billets douglas rims, lonestar complete rear end, and complete axis supesion and piston,cams,carb,ported by PR RACING. quad should be complete by mid feb . i would like to thank all the people that helped me though this my wife,son 6 yr that worked like a 16 yr old this summer and did alot for me,best friend dale-batman when and whatever i needed,my mom for beig=ng a the nurse that she is,andto charley the guy at the hospital, all my dotors and rehab people and to all the people that will allow me to contiue doing what i love racing or just turning wrenchs they are AGAIN my wife she is the greatest, K&K ATV excellant people thanks chris for all your help, PR RACING louis your the greatest , big lou motor porter , FOX for all the riding gear and casual wear , EAST OF CHICAGO PIZZA the best pizza ever thanks ben

See less See more
#2 ·
8O Glad your on your way to recovery!!!!! Sounds like your keeping yourself busy!!!!

#3 ·
OW! 8O

#7 ·
as far as being recoverd not yet its going on 8 months still going to rehab 3 days a week still cant walk right but getting better my bigest problem is the arthrtist the doc said if the pain dont get better in 6 months that we will talk about fusion. he said i did 40 years with the wear and tear on that day. would you believe that they can do brain surgery heart transplant and alot of other things but cant do anything for arthrtist. but if could of been alot worst i am glad to be gimpen long . thanks for the support brandon

#8 ·
O man i am so sorry that happened to you.Ouch wow.Hope your back up and riding soon.

#10 ·
done racing MX, are you rebuilding your Z for MX?

#11 ·
i have this best friend of mine that i have mechanic for for the last 4 years and told him that i would build him a quad to race in the pro-production class if he was willing to pay for all the entry fees and parts that he breaks he said i long as he can consentrate on racing and not haveing to turn any wrenches it was o a deal. our goal is to finish in the top 5 plus i just love to build quad i normally build at least 3 complete lonestar 250r quads a year . either to sale or race .

#12 ·
wanna build me one, for free :D , and I'll tell ya how it does, tell everybody your name when I win so you get more business :D

#13 ·
well i can only afford to build two race quads this year and there both spoken for at this time . what class do you race at the nationals maybe see ya there this year . stop by the trailor race # 671 and 85# and check out the quads that i built i would build one for you to your specs and you pay for it .

#14 ·
Ouch! :shock
You are going to race TT like that? HOW :?:

Nice to hear you are still getting around and doing something fun (wrenching on quads) It sounds like you got yourself a great girl though I wish my girl would buy me a ATC Honda 250R. She did get me another old Vintage snowmobile to add to my collection. (I got 5 vintage sleds now)

#15 ·
BKBATV: wasn't too serious about you building me a quad, I don't race on the national level yet, lol, I just race MX at a few different tracks, but I love it and wanna take it further, but gonna have to wait till get a little older and have a little money of my own(I'm only 16)

#16 ·
you would never of got a answer if you didnt ask that how things happen . the best advise i can give you is dont go though life wondering what if what if just go for it and maybe someday you will be at the right spot at the right time . if you do make it to a national race please look me up at the track #85 and # 671 . good luck with or racing

#17 ·
hey BKBATV, i have a friend who knows kind of what your going through. he was on a XR100 going about 30mph and had a head-on with a 400EX going about 60mph over a blind hill. he broke 6-inches of he left femur, both his wrists, and his knees were so shattered that when he was taken in for surgery and they cut open his knees, pieces of bone fell out. his femur was poking out of his leg, and he lost 3-quarts of blood. this sounds super-bad, but he is having a super-fast recovery. it happened in September, and he is already playing varsity basketball for our junior high.

Little_fat

HOPE THAT U CAN RECOVER FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 ·
FOOTS DOING BETTER BUT STILL AINT RIGHT SO THE GUYS AT WORK GAVE ME THE NICKNAME CANT-GET-RIGHT LOL GETTING READY TO GET BACK ON THE HORSE TO START PRATICING FOR THE TT SERIES AND SHORT TRACK RACES . I RODE A 250R FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE ACCIDENT . ONLY WENT UP AND DOWN THE STREET 3 TIMES GOING TO HAVE TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH MY SHIFTER FOOT IT JUST DONT WANT TO BEND RIGHT YET 11 MONTH SO FAR

#19 ·
Couldn't you get an air shifter. This kid by me had both of his leg cut off in a farm accident and has fake ones. He rides a raptor with a air shifter I think and flies.

#22 ·
Did you have any nerve damage?????It looks as though you foot is limp?I am asking because i damaged my nerves in a seadoo accident before.

#24 ·
:dance Hey bud, Just remember..... it'll feel better just as soon as it quits hurtin! :p Hope you heal fast...er but don't rush it and don't cut corners. Do everything your physical therapist tells you to. You'll only cheat yourself if you don't! Best wishes!!!! :)

#25 ·
My right leg was broken just like that. Open tib/fib fracture. 22 November 2002 an idiot ran a stop sign and hit me on my 02' Yamaha R-1. Both knees were broke, thumb was broke, and right tib/fib. I've got a titanium rod in my right leg, 3 stainless steel screws, and I had a couple of pins holding my thumb together. I bought an ATV to get off the street and hopefully NOT get hurt again. I ride tracks and trails but I don't race. (I hope I don't get hurt again.) I know what it's like not to be able to walk, run, jump, or ride. SO, from one cripple to another, hang in there, it'll get better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.