Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Very nice quality. I have to admit, they are better than I thought they would be. I have not ridden yet, but I did notice that I actually haver a front end sag now when I jump on. It doesn't just sit there looking stupid like it used to. The front sags about 30% like the rear, and travels right up and down in unison. SWEET.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You will like them. Did you get rezzies? Are you going to put a shock on the rear? The shocks lowered my Z about 3'' front and back.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the triple rates without rezzies. Don't think I'll need them but can add them later. Black and white springs look sweet.
My front was at 12" before. With these on it's 12 3/4" but when I get on it drops down to about 10. Good stance.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
what all colors do works offer for their springs?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I think you can get them in any color you want.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are several colors, but a few of them are more readily availabe and you won't have to wait months for springs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got the pro-series with trips and rezzies and black springs.Wow what a
difference,these and a stabilizer and you just fly through the rough stuff.

Jeff

·
Registered
55 Posts
Where did u order ur shocks from?? and how much did u pay?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I ordered mine from a local race shop called pitstop racing,1-888-746-7469
650.00.these are in the same class as most of the top racing shocks,but a
little to alot less expensive.mine have piggyback rezzies comp and preload,
with triplerate spings,they were valved and sprung for my weight and riding
style.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I want to know how they hold up after a long period of hard riding. I heard what seperate these from PEP and custom axis is they keep the oil in the shock cooler in the long run than the Works shocks. I know racing for four straight, the stock shock want to bottom out early on, while the custom axis never bottom out. I am curious how the Works would hold up. I hear everyone saying that they take twice as long than stock shock to get overheated, but do get overheated half of the time the custom axis and PEP shocks.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have never raced for four hours but, my mine never fade on long fast trail rides. I was told that the Axis shocks use a better oil that make the shocks not fade. I think that rezzies and the oil would be more important on the rear shock because it runs hotter. After I stop riding. the front shocks will be cool(works no rezzies). The Axis in the rear will be warm and it has a rezzy. I still say that Works will work great for most people. I have to laugh when I read these post that say works are junk. If you look at their sig, they don't even have aftermarket shocks on their quad. I like the Axis on the rear of my Z. But, I bet I would have been just as happy with a Works. For trail riding, there ain't no way I would give 8-900 dollars for a rear shock. Now If I raced, I would get the best (Axis or PEP).

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
Yeah, I race so I have my reason, but its true the average joe trailriding not need to spend a grand or more just to have name brand shocks...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Well what do you guys have for back shocks for your z? Thats what I want to replace first.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have a Custom Axis. It is a great shock. My Z sits about 3'' lower and handles alot better!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
If you dont mind how much did it cost you and also how do you like your HMF? I am torn between it and the yoshi...

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I am gonna bve running custom axis shocks, but I aint got anything to share on this as it wont be til may before i get my chit.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
If you dont mind how much did it cost you and also how do you like your HMF?  I am torn between it and the yoshi...[/b]
I got a very good deal on my Axis or I would not have bought it. They run about $800, give or take a little. I am very happy with the HMF slipon!!!! In the trails, it is hard to keep the frontend on the ground.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Now all I need to know is how someone likes their Yoshi.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts