Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought my z about two years ago thinking i was going to flip it and get something else. wel one thng lead to another and two months ago i began buliding it to my liking. started out sort of beaten and had been sitting for a while.

When i got it it would start and sort of rev but would not move.....found out why.

How it looked(rust spots on white powder :( )

so after riding it for a while, and breaking a Hiper rim I painted a few thinge seeing how i liked the color combo.

Then after reading hours upon hours from this site i decided what i wanted to do and what needed to be done.

First i tore the quad down to bare frame.

Then i sent the frame, suspension and other parts off to powdercoat. While the parts were there I had some unfinished business with the motor. so i tore it down to finally find what was inside.

*Stock crank, cam chain:eek: and bottom end.

*Stock clutch

*Wiesco 94.5 mm 12.5:1 :bawling: that has to go

*94.5mm sleved stock cylinder

*full Kibblewhite valvetrain and OSHC's

* Stock size Kibblewhite SS valves

* Intake & Exhaust ports havent been touched.

So after measuring everything for wear and visually inspecting it the only thing that was bad was my piston to cylinder-wall clearance, and my stock cam chain.

So I ordered a DID 3/4 cam chain and clutch cover gasket.

Then cleaned everything up and reassembled for one last ride.

Then christmas fell from my wallet:cool:

Then i got a little occupied with the polishing wheel at work:cool:

Then the party started

down the driveway and back

So For the first ride I went to TNT motorsports park. I can only ride 2 out of 5 tracks there, but was still a blast. But I soon stat to realize that I need(want) more power. And yes i didnt have the front plastics mounted, still needed to cut and mount them.

So I replace the Piston and carb with:

95mm CP 12.5:1 piston and a 42mm Kehin carb

Piston and carb: $240 shipped. Down for two days: priceless

I ended up moving the battery to the front because of my inability to keep one where it belongs. yay for wiring:cool:

So with the new slug in the chamber and carb feeding it it was time to rip my arms off:D

I ended up at a 178 main and a 50 pilot and a smile on my face.:D

It looks and feels like a whole new machine, I couldn't be more pleased with the results. A special thank you for all the members here who gave me killer deals on parts to make this possible!!

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
nice work!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Do you still have those radiator scoops or know where to get some? I need some for my 2003 z400 but can't find nice ones.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
800 Posts
nice work man, that thing was really trashed for having some nice parts on it like those elkas, good job bringing it back to life

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I still need a headlight and a few misc other things. I am going to get red rings for the Hiper's and fix the front one. and finally get the Elka's valved and sprung for my weight. I have recently found out that im quite fast on the mx track so im going to try to get in on a local series, or find one. lol

BTW the blue Laker plastics are for sale. pm me

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if anybody has a headlight in good condition with no broken tabs PM me.
thanks

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
idk. their not in bad shape, but the batterybox has seen better days lol. Pm me an offer and your E-mail, Ill send pics

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Did you get rid of those blue plastics?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Soooo update, I picked some ODI rogues and I finally got a headlight today, AKA A home for my hids. First I get started on installing the grips.

I pull them out of the package and whats the first thing I do??? drop one of the very small allen bolts into my bolt bucket

30 minutes later the grips are on.:clap:

Then I get started on the headlight, everything goes well untill I pull one of the wires out of the bulbs, so some creative soldering and 20 minutes later the HID's are in! Damn what a difference!!

Yes thats a kfx450r standing up in the backround. I was asked to look it over by the new owner, and man am I glad I did. The drain plug was stripped... but the weird thing is I kinda figured they would have had some machineing skills after seeing this.

Ya there was ALOT of aluminum in the oil. So scence i want my thread to load at the speed of windows 2000 here are some riding pics. LOL I remembered to bring everything that day except my pants and jersey.

And why I need to get the Elka's revalved and resprung:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Your build came out sweet looking! Good jumps too! Hitting it topped out in fourth?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. No I'm actually hitting them mid third and some in second gear on the limiter:-D

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mannnn do I have some updates:cool::cool::cool:

*Galfer wave rotors- Destroyed my rear one on a trail at CAW.

*chain and sprockets- Needed for a while, ^^big rock didn't help.

*new starter- no decomp+12.75:1+unknown factor

Bye bye .377 OSHC.... hello .384 in and .400 ex webs:D just because

·
Registered
198 Posts
You still got the OSHC's?
He does not lol I already messaged him about them. Someone picked em off him 5 minutes after he said he'd but the webs.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wouldn't have sold them to you anyways!! lol jk you REALLY need to go bigger than OSHC's, like 539/540webs or bigger. You also need to get rid of the stock air boot.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts