Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well about 5 months ago I picked up an 05 400 with a good amount of parts on it. My intent was to build it up abit and race it in gncc. But after blasting around the trails with it i just felt like it lacked a bit of power and ended up picking up a 2010 yfz450x. This meant it was time to sell the z even though I really enjoyed the bike and deep down wanted to keep it....

Soo a day after posting it forsale it was stolen from me by a group of those bikelife idiots riding wheelies up and down boston. long story short the police found the bike parted out and pretty much hunted down every last piece with my help.

Now that I got my bike back i decided im just gonna keep it and do a subtle build up on it as i throw it back together

The day I got her back

After i got everything home I decided to inspect everything and see what was destroyed.. I noticed my swingarm finally cracked so the next day I took it to work and welded it/ reinforced both sides with 1/4" aluminum plate

A few days after that i took the frame to my dads shop and stripped all the paint to inspect for cracks and weld in my gusset kit.

Then it was time for paint

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Glad you got it back. Our quads are going to be twins. Check out my thread. LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a little work done on the bike. Thank god I have good friends, a buddy of mine traded his front shocks and nerf bars with me so it will look alot better than before. Still have boat loads of work to do and noticed im leaking oil from the the clutchcover gasket so I want to open that up and see what the hell these idiots did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay well I got a bit more done on the z. Before it got stolen I knew that the valve cover bolts were all messed up so I replaced the three bolts and the rubber washers. Also cleaned some crappy threads.

As I waited for parts I thought what would go great with my fcr/400ex boot. So I decided to build a new airbox. Nothing special just some 1/8" aluminum I bent up/welded up and called it a day.

After building the airbox I decided to delete the tps off the fcr aswell. Just cut the housing and the rod most common thing I have seen and looks pretty good.

Finally my 2"x3" silicone coupling came in the mail. Cut it down so it would be 2" long and test fitted the carb. Im happy with its location

The next day I stumbled across an ltz partout on facebook and went and took a look at the bike. Ended up getting a pretty good deal. I got a full set of white plastics in OK condition, complete rear brake including lever and a block off plate, front fender brackets, coolant overflow plug, clutch lever, and a brand new still in the package rear sprocket. I got everything for $120

Also got my raptor 660 petcock in so I quickly swapped that on. (dont worry I will wash the tank before i put it back on the bike)

Thats all for now still waiting on a few things so I can finish her up.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Nice! Don't sell yourself short on the air box, I've bought new stuff that looked and fit worse than that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my carb all done finally drilled and taped for the idle adjustment

I also spent 2+ hours that night re-finishing my exhaust. Its nothing perfect but its much better than before!

And lastly I always wanted to replace the stock headlight for a small led lightbar but I still wanted the front end to look good so this is what i came up with.

And ofcourse I just knew everything was going too smoothly on this project for there not to be any problems. So this is what im dealing with right now, hooked everything up as it should be and press the start button only for it not to do a damn thing. I already have made sure my connections are all correct, clutch saftey is bypased, fuse is good, jumped the relay and that worked so I replaced it thinking that was the problem and that didnt solve anything, also pulled apart the "blob" cleaned the connection for the start button and inspected for bad connections and everything turned up being the way it should. Now i really dont know what else to do i really dont want to blow money trying out different wire harnesses, cdi's, relays, and solenoids. Anything you guys could think of that im missing??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i thought all my problems were over until I found out my flywheel bolts backed off and sheared and destroyed my stator putting debris everywhere.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Awesome buildup! Too bad there are dishonest people out in the world that ruin things for the whole human population.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I watched a documentary called 12 o'clock boys, about those riders that ride around Boston. I'm guessing that stolen machines are big business there because of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts