Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through Dirtwheels mag and I came across an Alba kit that includes ported head, gaskets, piston and a cam for 649 bucks they also say it will give you 20 more hp. If you guys could give me some info I would appereaciate it. :D

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
20hp for $649 sounds like a good deal to me. Is this kit for the z?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Call them as ask..
I think "Boss" as everyone calls our nice moderator... Has it right.. My thoughts are its throughout the enitre rpm range..
6hp lowend
7hp mid
7hp top end just as an example.
I doubt very seriously it adds 20Hp to the bottom line.. As in over 50hp dyno.. I dont think they are getting this with the big bore kits.
Please let me know if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
970 Posts
It would need to be like a 470 kit or above to get that power. Without a better carb it's probably not going to happen.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I just went to there web site. I couldn't find that package. Did you have to give them your old head as a core?

·
Registered
69 Posts
You will have to read the ad a little closer as it is a little misleading. The piston,cams and gasket are 649 and the ported head is 425, which since I called ALBA and they were to busy to talk, would be my take on the ad. I am sure that the ported head would have to be either yours or for an exchange.

I would be interested in knowing for sure though! Since the ad also identifies it as a high compression piston and doesn't mention anything about increasing the cc's you will have to run race gas and even at that 20 HP is close to a 70% boost which I find hard to believe.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah thats great if you have alot of money. I am 14 and I dont have 1900 bucks to spend on a Trinity. So yes I will stick with Alba thank you very much :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts