Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
do any of you guys have pipes on your Z yet? is there a night and day difference or is it pretty minimal? also what brand pipe are you running?price? and what size jet did you use? i want to get one put on by the end of the month.
Later,
Jeremy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered my hmf slip on today it should be here in 3-5 days. it cost 260 for the slip on spark arrestor and shipping.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the Trinity Racing Stage IV and it made a huge difference. It opens up way better than it did stock. I am running the suggested 165 main and they run $439. You can always run the Yosh slip-on for $399 and gain a whopping 1.4hp. With a bent axle mine gained 7hp.

·
Registered
245 Posts
For the Trinity Racing Stage IV Muffler. Is the muffler loud Do u know its noise dp. I know the stock one puts out about 92 dp.And they say the Yosh slip-on puts out about 102dp. I am looking to get in to mx and I also do alot of trail riding too. I am going for a muffler that has a bigger bite then bark Or more power then sound. Is the Trinity Loud. I have read about it and they say it puts out alot of power. I just need a good Pipe. And I need help picking one out. So any Suggestions would help.

·
Registered
970 Posts
My HMF added quite a bit of power, especially on the low end. Take off your end cap and look in there. You'll immediately see one BIG improvement to be made.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It doesn't seem to be any louder than other 4 strokes with pipes. Check out my link. I posted the dyno sheet with the Trinity full system and the Yosh slip-on done just recently. The Yosh set-up came in running like sh!t so Harry went into it and got it running right. For only $40 more you can have a heck of a lot more power.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What is done to the Yoshi to make it perform better?

·
Registered
540 Posts
that yoshi was with the quiet core. the trinity pipe is not even made by them, :) try power pros.

·
Registered
379 Posts
They had to jet it for it was running way too lean and they removed the lid and screen (the snorkle was already removed). Power Pros make pipes for probably 75% of the aftermarket, but every body designs them differently ie: tapers, cones, bends, expansion chambers. Trinity Racing spent many hours developing the best possible pipe with many combinations of these parts.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I think they are all about the same if you just buy the sinencer. A pipe might help a tad, but not a ton.
Most silencer are the same. An opened up tube with an endcap. The size of the endcap pretty much determines power gains and noise levels.

I still have trouble believing that dirt guys removed the lid, added a sinencer and jetted, only to get 1.4 HP. Again, mine got 6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts