Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just thinking out loud here, but it seems like these little squabbles are showing up alot more often. How 'bout a 3 strike rule? Plain and simple, you get 3 warnings from the Boss or moderators and you're banned - Period. It's just a suggestion, but I'm getting frustrated when I go to read a topic about "Pipes" or "which graphics?" and it ends up being a pi$$ing contest or shouting match. Just my two cents...Thanx...

A

·
0 Posts
That mean I get to start my strikes over? :D

But...yeah...after me being in the middle of most of them...and then getting banned...then getting back in here...and then watching these fights from the "OUTSIDE" for once...I hear ya man. Kinda gets ya down a little.

Mostly...its just opinions...and some of them do come from experience. Let's not try to belittle other peoples opinions and/or thier belongings. We ARE all here for the love of the Z's and the love of our sport (quading) in general.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
IF ONLY I WAS A MOD!

I wouldn't even give'em a warning....one flame..you're banned! Then you could e-mail me and kiss up to me a lot before I decide to let you back on. But I'm mean like that. Which is why I shouldn't have any powers over the board. MUAHAHAHAHAH!

"Evil will forever reign over good, for the peccable, weak souls of today's youth are far more intelligent than any of us will ever be."
-Milton Stewart

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
We should set it up as the following:

first offense will be considered as a verbal warning, second offense will be a 14 day suspension from the site. And the third offense will be 90 perm ban.

I thought maybe a 90 day ban, give them one more chance, and then a perm ban. my .02 cents

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
eeehhh.....I don't know about that, that would probably actually just start more flamming than before..... :? cause people would be getting pissed at getting warned when they didn't really think it was that big of a deal. I don't really agree on this idea, I say just ban the people who cause major problems, plus that would be hard to keep up with people's "strikes" for like 800 or 1000 people....

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
I can tell you guys how we are working this because the other mods and I have discussed it often especially back in DT's dark period.
If there is flaming we generally will try and get it to stop ASAP. If it ends there because heated discussions happen then fine. If the person continues after the first settle down then its a verbal warning..If they persist and tell us to do things with our bodies that god never intended, we then IP/SN/Email banning of the person. I can tell you right now there are already people on the BAN list and the Boss, OG, Z and myself basically kept those mental midgets to a low roar.

I can tell you that as the site grows the chances of mentally unstable and partially retarded inbreds will start popping up. Will we ban them all. No cause some are actually entertaining. Will we keep them to a low roar
like we have the other. You damn right...

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Well, I guess since I was in the middle of the last one, I should say something. I believe the 3 strikes rule would be fine. Everyone needs to be able to voice their opinion without being trashed. This forum is about giving and getting others opinions and advice. I think of this site as a group of buddies sitting around the garage bench racing. I like to help if I can. :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
well, i think that would work well, i also have a 3 strike rule , with my cat, if he bites me , i strike him, after three strikes he gets put in the freezer until He is ready to behave, it has worked wonders, he barely moves now, much less bites people :wink:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
LOL,I may try that. :D Here kitty kitty

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope everyone realizes that I wasn't talking about one person in particular. I was just thinking of something that can be agreed upon when someone registers to the site. And for those already registered, you can agree on it, or lose your registration. You know, something like that... Everyone that agrees to it would start fresh with a clean slate. As for keeping track of the strikes, a pen and paper would work well. Or we could appoint one person to keep track in Excel, or something like that. I just think it's better to have a written-in-stone policy that can be read and considered by all the members than to do it on a case-by-case basis. With case-by-case, the reality is that everyone will not be treated fairly and equally, no matter how hard we try. It's just the nature of the beast. (RAGE - I do realize that you guys are doing all you can. For now, it's working very well. I'm just concerned for down the road when we approach EXRiders size.) You can say that this is only a forum. Don't take it so seriously. That's great, but I think the majority of the members genuinely enjoy conversing with people with the same interests from so far away. It's a community, virtual or not. We have to keep it running smoothly or it will decline. Remember...I'm not trying to flame anyone in particular, or anyone at all for that matter...I'm just throwing out suggestions, take them or leave them. Good discussion on the matter, though, everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts