Suzuki Central Forum banner

Throttle assembly

516 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  R.berzins 
#1 ·
Help! I need photos or a video of how the throttle assembly is put together. I specifically need to see how the actual part you push with your thumb stays in place. Mine melted away in hydrochloric acid and I need to fabricate a new one.

#2 · (Edited)
That’s a new one, not even going to ask how that happened. Rather than fabricate it, wouldn’t it be easier to replace it with a used thumb throttle?

#3 ·
That’s a new one, not even going to ash how that happened. Rather than fabricate it, wouldn’t it be easier to replace it with a used thumb throttle?
That would cost a lot more to just 3D print one at home. There are no parts where I’m from so there is no chance finding one for a reasonable price. I was cleaning parts in a ultrasonic cleaner and I didn’t check that the part was aluminum... anyway I just can’t seem to figure out how it is held in place and until then I can’t make a model of one.

#4 ·
I think it’s a C-clip that holds the thumb throttle into the factory housing, but don’t quote me on it.
Living on Mars? If you can get mail, you can get parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.