Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that you need to mix race gas and 92 octane at a 50/50 ratio. Why is this? The compression seems to be the same as stock. Is there any other reason why this would need to be done on the 440 Thumper kit? Wouldn't octane boost make the difference that you would ever need for it?

llknowlesll

·
Registered
837 Posts
That is for the 12-1 piston, the 11-1 will run on pump gas. I talked to them about that, as I hope to be able to do that to mine soon.

DadsZ400

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't the Z have a 12:1 piston in it already?? Why would that make a difference? Couldn't I get away with octane boost?

llknowlesll

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
if you get high compression piston and race you should run that any way or just straight race gas

·
Registered
837 Posts
Stock is 11.3

DadsZ400

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Doesn't the Z have a 12:1 piston in it already?? Why would that make a difference? Couldn't I get away with octane boost?

llknowlesll[/b]
no, stock is 11.3:1, that's still really high for a stock piston, most run around a 9:1

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is there a big difference of performance between a high compression piston with race gas and a normal compression wtih pump gas? I want a 440 big bore but i don't realy want to run race gas.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Is there a big difference of performance  between a high compression piston with race gas and a normal compression wtih pump gas? I want a 440 big bore but i don't realy want to run race gas.[/b]
yes there is. it's like any other mod in my opinion you can't do one without doing the other or what is the use of doing it in the first place??

like k & N, with no pipe........not good

pipe without k & N..........not good

high compression piston and 440 kit without running race gas...not good

never said it can't be done just.............not good

IMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts