Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy got a ltr450 when we got it the valves needed adjusted we got it in the garage did the valves Pryor to doing this he push started the quad test road it before he traded ...no noises was noted ..after getting the valves inspects and he road it a few times no noises ...we cleaned the garage went to pull the quad in the garage and BAM ticking noise ..it's weird cause if you pull in the clutch and let it out once it gets under a lode the noise goes away ...the cam chain looked good and the tensioner had a lot of adjustment left ...what do ya think ...

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
A good way to help figure out where the ticking is coming from is to get a mechanics stethoscope or you can use a screw driver or long extension and put it up to the motor in various spots and have the other end on your ear and you can get a good idea where the noise is.

I'm guessing you have narrowed the ticking down to the head?

The valves may be cupped, check the valves again and make sure they are still in spec. It may need new valves

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you put your hand on the clutch cover the noise gets quieter ...I'm going to pull the cover and ck it ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts