Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just purchased the NICHE BBK for my 04 ltz 400 the quad was fast the way it was so I just decided I want to go faster so I purchased this. Now my question is I believe I have the stock cams should I replace the timing chain and save myself the hassle of tearing it apart again in the near future ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had just purchased the NICHE BBK for my 04 ltz 400 the quad was fast the way it was so I just decided I want to go faster so I purchased this. Now my question is I believe I have the stock cams should I replace the timing chain and save myself the hassle of tearing it apart again in the near future ?
I ported and polished the head to the best of my abilities considering this was my first time doing so.

·
Super Moderator
4,615 Posts
Depends on how much life it has left. Pull the center bolt on the tensioner to release the spring, then remove the tensioner. Count the number of clicks left on the tensioner and that will give you a good idea of how much life is left on the timing chain.

·
Super Moderator
4,615 Posts
Well, if it’s already torn apart and hasn’t been changed in a few years, I’d just replace it. They aren’t that expensive and worth the piece of mind that it’ll last awhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts