Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was comparing the specs from my Z400 brocure and the specs from http://www.kawasaki.com on the KFX and I noticed a couple things.

The Kawi is 370 pounds (dry weight)
The Z is 372 pounds (dry weight)

The tire sizes are:
KFX Front 22-7-10 (same as the Z's)
KFX Rear 20-7-9 (DIFFERENT than the Z)

Z Front 22-7-10 (same as the KFX)
Z Rear 22-10-9 (DIFFERENT than the KFX)

I think its highly probable that the weight difference is because of the tires.

What small difference will this tire size make? :twisted:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Sounds intersting Bottomline-KFX when you get your KFX will you post pics up of it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh don't worry about that man 8)

We will borrow a digital camera just for the occasion.

Now all we gotta do is wait for the shop to take delivery. We only owe $1300 total now on BOTH machines. The dealer said he is just gonna tax us on the $2000 dollar difference that we had to pay...that's $140...I don't know how in the hell he is gonna do that...but we are gonna hold him to it since he said it....hehehehe

They say that Kawasaki will start making deliveries in August....but will run through November. He said that Kawasaki is usually pretty good about it and that he expects it will be the 1st or 2nd week of August. We are praying man! Pray for us....lol

·
Registered
773 Posts
dealers can only tax on cash received for sales, that means that they can only tax you on the total amount - amount given on trade in = taxable amount. its the law

·
Registered
142 Posts
tire size is a miss print dude.

·
Registered
142 Posts
MISPRINT!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dunno...maybe it is a misprint...but it seems to me that Suzuki probably paid a lot of money to have all this brochures made up...the Z's DO have 22's in the rear right?

At the official Kawasaki website is where I got that tire size for the KFX.

I just don't know...it probably is...but then we'll let ya know as soon as we get thos babies in.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
the Z's DO have 22's in the rear right?quote]

I dunno of a leading company sports quad to have anything bigger than 20s. Maybe Im wrong. :?:

·
Registered
773 Posts
the Rear Tires are definately AT20x10-9
the fronts are 22s

I think its highly probable that the weight difference is because of the tires.  [/b]
there goes that theory. maybe suzuki had some heavy weight oil, or more air pressure, or something else. :D

see it here :
http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_02/atv/fr_quz400.htm

·
Registered
143 Posts
kawasaki
Suzuki

you'd think the suzuki would be the one 2 pounds lighter. less weight from stickers.

perhaps the zuki just used more paint or something. or there was some kind of lunar effect creating a greater gravitational pull between the zuki and the scale.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ooooops...I goofed on what the Z Brochure said for the Z'z back tire...it says 20-10-9......that WAS diferent from what the Kawasaki website said for the KFZ though.

Sorry guys.

·
Registered
221 Posts
dont worry aboout it, even on the zuki site the specs change slightly. thay are the exact same bike, just different plastics.

dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts