Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 ltz 400 and i am wanting to know what air pressure i need to be running in my tires? I will be riding mostly trails and dirt roads and hit some atv parks along the way. Maybe ride the wife around from time to time on it as well if it matters.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I jus use the knee test. Air them up and even them out with my knee by pushing on the tire. Idk wat lb exactly ( thinkin it's between 4-5). But I push in the middle and my knee sinks in about 1/2-1/4 of an inch, Then I ride some wheelies down the road and even them out by using a rock on the valve stem to let out air depending on which way it's pulling lol.

Tire pressure isn't that crucial, jus make sure they aren't flat or about to pop and you'll be fine. I'd be more worried about checking the oil,gas, and air filter. ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
I try to stay at 4.5 on all 4.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
4.5 front 4 in the rear

·
Administrator
7,799 Posts
I use different pressures depending on what I'm doing. Riding Trail, 4-4.5, but if I ride MX set like that, I bend rims on hard landings, so for MX I stay 5-6. For Ice racing, it's anywhere from 4-15 psi depending on ice conditions, or trying to get some stagger.

The wheelie thing is good advice. If you get 2 rear tires exactly the same size at the same air pressure, you're lucky. Most of mine need a little bias to go straight.

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
I do 3 back / 5 front in the sand.
Dirt usually 5/5

·
Super Moderator
3,383 Posts
Usually 3 rear/ 4 front, dirt or sand for me.. I like a little more cushion from the bumps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks fellas. I seen they said like 36 psi but i was thinking that must be for setting the bead. The previous owner had like 25 lbs in them and they really rode rough so i was wanting to air them down some to help

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes 36 psi is to set the bead and 25 psi is way too high to run the tire at.

4 - 4.5 psi is where most of us run them at.

·
Super Moderator
3,383 Posts
We usually run 10 or 12 lbs on a new tire for a day, to make sure they seal up..Horrible ride though..:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2008 ltz 400 and i am wanting to know what air pressure i need to be running in my tires? I will be riding mostly trails and dirt roads and hit some atv parks along the way. Maybe ride the wife around from time to time on it as well if it matters.
i was wondering the same thing I just bought a 04 Ltz400, but I found that you can just look up “Suzuki ltz 400 Manual” and it tells you everything like what gas, tire pressure, tire size,ect but the front tire pressure should be 4.5 psi rear tires should be 4.0 I would recommend buying a psi meter, they sell small ones that fit inside the bag that contains the tools under the seat!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts