Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 LTZ250 currently has super old Dunlop KT733A's on the rear, 21x11.00-9. Very curious about that....they looked like the original tires to me, but O.E. is supposedly 20x10.00-9?? On the fronts, there are newer looking Kenda Klaw XC's, 21x7.00-10. I like the height and the rounder profile of the Dunlops out back, but that size seems to be obsolete. Who is running what on the back of their Z250? Any recommendations for a good, all-purpose tire? Primary riding conditions will be in the grassy field by my house, and my friends property which is grass, and hard packed trails/hills. Finally, would a 20x11.00-9 fit? Those pop up as an alternate size as well. Haven't found many pictures of anything mounted to the machine.

· Registered
295 Posts
Since it has the Kenda Klaws on the front you could match with the Klaws on the rear. I havent ran the Klaw xc but I am running the Kutter XC's and love them. I have in the past ran the Klaws in an MX tire and really liked them. And yes a 20x11.0x9 will fit and work.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since it has the Kenda Klaws on the front you could match with the Klaws on the rear. I havent ran the Klaw xc but I am running the Kutter XC's and love them. I have in the past ran the Klaws in an MX tire and really liked them. And yes a 20x11.0x9 will fit and work.
Thanks. I did eventually find the matching rear Klaws. They look like they would work ok. Good tread life?? We would also be on pavement a lot, as the field is at the end of my subdivision.

· Registered
295 Posts
I would say they would have decent tread life. The pavement will chew about any offroad tire up. If you go with the Klaw XC's they are 6ply tires and that should help them last.

Reactions: Frontier4.0

· Premium Member
6,869 Posts
Thanks. I did eventually find the matching rear Klaws. They look like they would work ok. Good tread life?? We would also be on pavement a lot, as the field is at the end of my subdivision.
Kenda Klaws have about the best tread life I've seen on an ATV tire. There's some old posts around here praising them, so I tried them years ago and have been very impressed. On an unrelated side note, they are amazing for studded ice racing as well. Better than the CST Ice tires.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kenda Klaws have about the best tread life I've seen on an ATV tire. There's some old posts around here praising them, so I tried them years ago and have been very impressed. On an unrelated side note, they are amazing for studded ice racing as well. Better than the CST Ice tires.
Well! Good info....thank you. I was also considering Scorpions....I have them on a mini bike and they're great. But the more I hear about the Klaws..... And the Klaws still have a round-ish profile. Not a fan of the super square ATV tires for some reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts