Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, ive unfortunatly hve had to keep my quad in colorado for almost a year and a half, it hasnt been ridin, started or anything, just been legft out in the sun in my cousins bacik yard (this is NOT my choice, i had NO control over this happening) anyways, i got back from colorado today, and with me, in the back of the truck was my quad (YAY!, i rescued her!), now, the damage report, its totally sun baked, the plastics arnt that much lighter in color, but my poor blue renthal bar pad, the sun turned it into a light blue/purple pad , lol, i took the back plastic off, and the air box is covered in this thin dirt, the filter is covered, its kinda like the stuff u find on top of a ceilinbg fan, but its dirt...now heres my main problemo, the tires, after sitting that long, have gone flat, should they still be ok? or shouldi put the stockers back on?

also, how much would a new set of stock sprockets (front/back) chain, rear brake rotar,and brake pads for the rear be? should i replace the rotar? or just the pads? cuz they never really worked good, ive always used front brakes (IMO better then rear) but im selling it, and they need to work for me to sell it.....

also, one of the rear rims is bent (douglas blue label) should it be ok or can i get it bent back to normal? or do i have to replace it?

thanks...

·
Registered
794 Posts
I would replace all of the stuff u listed and that rim if u wanna sell it. Go to www.servicehonda.com and buy the parts for cheap

Later

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aight i checked that out, and i think some of it is a total bust, they want 120$ for just the rear sprocket and chain, i can get a kit out of dirtwheels with a fmf sprocket, steel front sprocket and o-ring chain for like 89$ , but some thing on their are ok.....ima get the kit i listed above, and then take it into honda and see what need to be done to the rear brake.......then replace the seat cover...ad sell....o ya and the rim.....but are the tires ok?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Just air up the tires and see. They should be ok, youll just have to check em and see. Thats all I know to do. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts