Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard some one mention Titanium Tie-Rods. Does anyone know where to get them? Do you really want them? It seems like if you hit something then something "cheep" needs to give or there could be bigger problems.
Raced cross country at Stillwater OK this weekend and in final lap nailed a tree, bent the tie rod, and had to wrestle the beast back to the finish. Supprised nothing else bent but attributited that to the fact the tie-rod took the brunt of the force so other parts wouldn't
Darren

·
Registered
118 Posts
I make tie rods out of 7075 aluminum and 4130 Chrome-Moly
Either of these are much stronger than stock. Titanium seems like a ton of overkill and probably a ton of money if they are really titanium and not just titanium colored.

Yes, the down side of a real strong tie rod is that something else is going to bend or break...probably the tie rod end.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any relation?

Any relation to Noss Machine in Oklahoma? The ones who make the tie-rods?

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's Me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's Me.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i dont know if you are aware exactly how expensive titanium is. i bought a pair of glasses. just the frame was 440 and it weighs maybe an ounce tops. figure tierods weigh 1-2lbs each your looking at big bucks. would be nice though!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Darren, did you get your tie rods? If so, do you like them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tie Rods

Yeah I got them. Haven't ridden with them yet. When I installed them I found that my steering stem was bent also. I went ahead and put them on though and should ride on them tomorrow. LSR stem should be here next week.
Nice piece of work on the rods. They went on flawlessly and seem to be beefy enough to take my kind of abuse.
Thanks
Darren

1 - 8 of 8 Posts