Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Don't show that link! No we're going to have hundres of Z owners who "didn't go past half throttle" for the first 10 tanks of gas all worried!

Me, I beat the hell out of mine. Heat cycles... they're the key.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
"The difference between what happens in an engine running in the garage, versus one being ridden is a hard concept to put into written words, so if I may use the sounds that we all can relate to: it's the difference between "zing-zing-zing" and "bwaaaaaaaaaAAAAAA""

ha ha ha, at least I'm not the only person describing my mods as "bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA".

Mr. Brad Stone, didn't you read the article =p. "The idea of breaking the engine in using "heat cycles" is a myth that came from the misunderstanding of the concept of "heat treating". "[/i]

·
Registered
197 Posts
:twisted: Ride it like you stole it from the get go and w00ter all the bull w00ter . I got the 4 year deal not the 6 month. I have to get them to install all my stuff and that sucks. To keep it were everything is covered. So I got 4 years to blow this w00ter up. Then I can start with a fresh one all over

·
Registered
517 Posts
Me too!

:twisted: Ride it like you stole it from the get go and %*^$ all the bull *beep* . I got the 4 year deal not the 6 month. I have to get them to install all my stuff and that sucks. To keep it were everything is covered. So I got 4 years to blow this $%@#% up. Then I can start with a fresh one all over[/quote

I want to keep my warranty too (4 year version)...so I let my dealer do ALL of the mod work...I do the simple stuff that does not equal warranty issues (skidders, bumpers, new shocks)...but engine mods...the dealer said they will cover ANY work they do, under warranty....

Start and run the shiz out of it...watch for hitting the rev limiter during breakin...and change the fluids after 15-20 hours....good to go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts