Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to hook up my hot start or safety start whatever they call it when you have the clutch released it wont start, to a toggle switch since I put a bike brake clutch setup. Pretty clean too, but I don't know if it is pulling the clutch in far enough so the plates are completely off. Anyway I also wanted to hook up my ignition to a toggle switch. Also the lights.

Can anyone help me on how to do this?

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
for the lights if you go to the stock switch you will see an orange, red, and grey wire. To turn on the quad you need to connect orange and red. To turn on lights you need to connect all three. So run those to your switch.
Depending on what switch you buy you may need to run a relay for it, not sure how many amps runs through the stock switch but if you do have to add relays that makes it a bit more work and not as clean at all.
For the clutch switch why do you want it? Just solder the two wires together and ditch it. If for whatever reason you do want a switch for it just solder a lead to each side of the switch.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for the lights if you go to the stock switch you will see an orange, red, and grey wire. To turn on the quad you need to connect orange and red. To turn on lights you need to connect all three. So run those to your switch.
Depending on what switch you buy you may need to run a relay for it, not sure how many amps runs through the stock switch but if you do have to add relays that makes it a bit more work and not as clean at all.
For the clutch switch why do you want it? Just solder the two wires together and ditch it. If for whatever reason you do want a switch for it just solder a lead to each side of the switch.
It's kind of a safety idea, it that switch isn't flipped your engine won't start. Like a second kill switch but in a different sense. I will just line up a row of switches anyway.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about high/low beams? I still want that option. I just don't know what wire in the blob setup it is. As well as all the other switches and buttons.

·
Registered
433 Posts
here's what i did on my dvx ya don't need the clutch sensor bs just more stuff to break :rolleyes:. i like it, works nice and looks cool :p

Attachments

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's what i did on my dvx ya don't need the clutch sensor bs just more stuff to break :rolleyes:. i like it, works nice and looks cool :p
Did you need a relay? What switches are for what?

·
Registered
433 Posts
nope from left to right they go; ign, mainlights,50w lights

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope from left to right they go; ign, mainlights,50w lights
I am guessing this is your trail quad? I do a lot of trail riding, just sayin cuz of your 50watters.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Basket Case, also how did you get the main lights and the ign on 2 different on switches?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts