Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My z keeps backfiring so bad that I can't go to full throttle without it bogging out when I opened the top head there was a lot of oil in the exhaust valve what should I do?

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
Its probably unrelated to the backfiring issue, but oil is either blowing past the piston and out the exhaust, or your valve guides are worn, or the valve seals are worn out.

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
Possibly. You have to take it apart and inspect it. Might need valves, or guides replaced, or just new seals.

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
The guides are the tubes the valves go through. You should download a manual. They have all the specs and tell you how to service the motor. Can't be without it.
Go to RMATV and look up OEM parts for your quad. Have a look at the head and see the parts and pieces. If you have a machine shop do the work, they could put in new guides if needed. Not to regular to see worn guides in these things, IMO.
Are the rings bad? Then yes. Is the cylinder bad? Then yes. Seeing signs of blow buy past the rings to the piston top? Yes. The only way to know is to inspect it. It is often cheaper to get a cylinder kit then play around piecemeal. Then you know your clearances are correct, except for checking the ring gaps.

·
Registered
626 Posts
do a compression test first before dissasembling
if youre low on compression, pour some oil into the cylinder, retest, if improves compression then you have bad rings, if not you have compression going past your valves.
if you have good compression then the reason you have oil on valves is your valve seals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts