Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a sort trip to Glamis last night for a 6hr night run. Nobody else was there and it cooled down pretty good around 8:30. Running a Yoshi slip-on, 155 jet, no lid or snorkle and straight paddles. Jetting was good, might even be a little lean - Did not have anything bigger with me to test.

Was also running 2 50watt spots in place of the high-beams - charging system could not keep up with the spots and flag light - fan was running a lot also. Killed the battery after about 3hrs - had to jump start it. Will be replacing the bulbs in the spots with 35watt and getting a smaller flag light.

Tried Oldsmobile -ran good -2nd or 3rd gear depending on what part of the hill. Took a run to Patton valley - again 2nd or 3rd depending on hill. Still learning how to run the whoops fast with this bike so 3rd gear may be better for some. The "easy" run at Olds can be run as fast as you dare to go in the dark - I never went into 4rth-3rd was plenty fast.

Straight paddles and stock fronts are not the best setup for surfing dunes - my buddy was running V's and he was able to surf much easier. - straights make it really tuff to flip a quick U on a hill - always want to go straight -

Front shock should probably be set up higher than stock as I did bottom out a couple times on landings - but overall, It felt very good and was awsome to be able to roll-on power halfway up a big hill and go faster - not something I'm use to.

My only gripe about this bike so far is the lighting (or lack of) and the high draw of the fan - enough to dim the headlights at any RMP.

·
Registered
794 Posts
A guy from trailtech has a post about the lighting and trail tech has come up with a better lighting system. Sounds like u need some gecko or v-paddles and maybe fronts with the line down the middle.

Later

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard to say. I have no comparrison for the Dunes with paddles on and the other quad I was with was a Warrior - so I had nobody to run against. I only ran it stock on flat dirt and up at the cinders -but everything in AZ is closed now due to fire danger. It does run through the lower gears much quicker with the pipe on - but I need a good strech of flat dirt without paddles to be able to compare to stock.

There were a few big hills at the dunes where I had to downshift to 2nd - (and back off the throttle to keep the front end down) It feels like it needs just a bit more power to me ; )

I'm running a 155 jet now - I want to try one bigger since it was not acting rich - there may be more power there. I'm also on the stock filter since I can't find a K&N. Will be ordering that and the light perch this week - and hunt down a bigger jet for another trip to the dunes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts