Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - first of all, I suck and I know it for asking repetitive questions. Second, I'm attempting a top end rebuild on my 04 Z400. I have all the symptoms described in the FAQ about 0 clearance on the intake valve. I made the mistake of not checking valve clearances before teardown. I did a compression check and only had about 30psi. Visually everything looks fine - cylinder wall, piston, rings, etc., but I want to go ahead and rebuild everything. Looking at a stock Wiseco piston and rings, Hot Cams stage 1 cams, shims, and timing chain, MCCT, Ferrea valves and Kibblewhite springs. I guess I need to do the DRZ gaskets to increase compression?

Can I buy this stuff from anyone here? I saw Advantage a long time ago was a site sponsor, but I'm not having any luck in the vendor section with anything recent.

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks everyone.

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
Sounds like you have a good build started. You can order most of that from Ebay stores in a kit. Ordering the Z base gasket is fine, just cut the rivets out and only use one layer and you’ll have a spare. Having a shim kit is nice, but you can use the valve shim calculator found in the sticky on shimming valves and just swap your current shims with a shop for what you need for free (most shops are cool with doing it). Good luck!

Reactions: mattbrooks9

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sounds like a good topend build to me. I use Advantage Cycles to order alot of parts and they have awesome customer service and they usually ship pretty quick

Reactions: JOE G
1 - 3 of 3 Posts