Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the bend of the Trailtech X-bars, I like the bend of the stock bars, would like to stay close to it, but I love the way the Trailtech's looks, especially with the logo

·
Registered
195 Posts
Their web site has the bend specs for the x-bars. I am not sure what bend they are but I think it's the most standard bend on the market - Honda CR Low Bend. See my pix for good photos of the x-bar, computer and billet clamp. All good stuff I like it alot.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as long as their not too high.

SpaGuru: where did you get that bar/clamp/speedo set. I like the clamp with the logo on it, but it seems like I can find the clamp w/ logo and speedo, or just logo and bars, or just speedo and bars(with regular clamp) but I can't find a set of the bars, clamp, and speedo

·
Registered
195 Posts
Bought it straight from Trailtech. Be sure to tell them to give you the Z400 central Forum Discount! I apid $223.72 for the bars, clamp and speedo. I forgot to mention the forum discount though! My speedo sensor cable was defective and they priority mailed me a replacement ASAP. Great service. Thants the good thing about buying direct from manufacturer...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
i love mine i just got the clamp from trailtech for $69 and i got tag t2s for $65 from my local dealer. i love them they work awsome i got cr high blend t2s

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe they are CR-HIGH bend

I have the Trailtech "Dashboard" with x-bars and the computer on my z. The x-bars actually had CR HI stamped on the end where the grip covers. The box the x-bars came in had the follow specs:

Width 31.49"
Height 3.74"
Sweep 2.45"

I believe by looking at other manufacturers websites confirms those dimensions are CR HI bend specs (or very close - same height and sweep).

Also, I THINK the Trailtech clamp actually puts the mounting point of the bars higher than stock so to replace just the bars with a CR HI bend would put the actual height of the bars lower than stock, but about the same width and sweep.

In my opinion, the x-bar/billet clamp setup put the handlebars very close to stock position and they feel great to me - I feel no vibrations either.

Hope this helps,
Turbojay

·
Registered
362 Posts
whats the discount? 10%
I bent my bars today need new ones asap

how much sweep do they have I'd prefer a flatter bend. more room for my arms and knee's I'm 6'3

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, now that we got the hbar situation covered, what about grips, any certain grips supposed to be better than others?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Go with the Oury ATV grips - soft, tacky and long lasting. The best grip available. See my pix with them mounted on the x-bars...

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Whatever bend the bars are, they're pretty darn close to the stock position once you get them on with the clamp. I put on the Renthal Full Diamond Medium grips and I love them. Just look around and get the ones that you'll think feel the best. It's all personal preference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts