Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago I changed the swing arm on my 08 ltz 400 . To say I had trouble breaking the pivot bolt loose would be an understatement .I ended up cutting it out . But I noticed while trying to beat the bolt through I had the motor in a bind when I cut through the bolt the motor sit back in place .since then while in idle I hear a rattle sound and then it fall into reverse .also sometimes when cranking the motor the chain will kinda bounce up and down and eventually goes into reverse on it's own .anyone ever heard of this .plz help .don't have the money to pay someone to try n find the problem

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
Is the rod that your reverse cable connects to staying extended? It should be retracted when the cable isn’t being pulled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the rod that your reverse cable connects to staying extended? It should be retracted when the cable isn’t being pulled.
It looks to go back in place I'm about to go out now and tinker with it .the weather is to good not to be ridding .

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
I’d drain the oil and see how it looks. I’m betting it’s got some metal chunks in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts