Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allright hope i find the answer im looking for. tried a different track this weekend and found out i have a huge problem on my hands. Everyone that runs in my class runs 4th gear on the limiter. I tried doing this but every time i did and the revs got mid to high, it jumped back down into 3rd. At first i thought i had hit it with my boot, but after heat race i tried it with my shoes on and it did it again. anyone have this happen to them or heard of it? and if so whats the fix going to be? this is the only track of 3 that i run at that i will run 4th gear, the other two tracks are only 3rd gear on the limiter. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Pull the clutch basket and check the spring (part#31) is still on the end of the shift lever in the correct position. Then check the shift drum detent is engaging correctly along with the shift stop.
2005 Suzuki LTZ400 2CZ Parts, 2005 Suzuki LTZ400 2CZ OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com
Spring is part#31
Shift drum part #'s 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 19, and 24
Also check the shift stop
part #'s 23, 26
before splitting the cases to inspect the rest.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it will go through all the gears but 4th is the only one that jumps out?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill start with those

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
might be a dumb question...but can the trans be taken out without having to pull the motor? might have a sweet deal on a complete trans

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nm found the answer...not happy with what i found lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Cases have to be split and the newer trans installed piece by piece?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
What was it? Shift fork?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont know yet...wanted to get out and work on it today but work bent me over hard tonight and i didnt get out in time to beat the rain. did find a great deal on a complete trans from a member on here but with 7 races left and being the points leader cant really afford to pull motor and spilt the case lol....might just say screw it till end of the year since ill only be running 3rd gear lol....not to mention if i end up doing the rmz450 hybrid build then ill have a trans with that motor allready so lol...lots to think about but ill keep you all updated and if i do start a hybrid build this winter ill deff post pics of it...thanks for everyones help

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
might be a dumb question, but im looking at relocating my key and lights. I was thinking of moving the key to the reverse switch hole. Only reason i ask is when i looked at the switch it doesn't look like its hooked up to anything? ive never used it so i cant really say lol. also is there any aftermarket company that makes the parts to or even a way to lock out of get rid of the reverse gear in the trans? since i never use it thats less rotating weight i have to worry about...please some input here before i start hacking away would be great lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
k...now as long as there isnt anything going to the switch now i should be able to just remove the switch and move my key over right

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
might be a dumb question, but im looking at relocating my key and lights. I was thinking of moving the key to the reverse switch hole. Only reason i ask is when i looked at the switch it doesn't look like its hooked up to anything? ive never used it so i cant really say lol. also is there any aftermarket company that makes the parts to or even a way to lock out of get rid of the reverse gear in the trans? since i never use it thats less rotating weight i have to worry about...please some input here before i start hacking away would be great lol
Maybe this will help? This is what I did...

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I installed the trail tech dash, and put a dr.d reverse lever on. Nice and clean!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm so damn jealous of your quad every time you post pics biggie! That thing is just cccccclllleeeeeeaaaaaaannnnnn.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
grath- yeh i saw that...but cant put my lights where yours are due to my CF hood...and i aint drilling holes in that lol......and take you key and move it where the reverse switch is...thats what i was thinking lol...

biggie- i have a bar clamp and dash like yours now...i was thinking of getting rid of it for just some anti vibe risers and flex bars, thats where the movment of the the lights and keys came into play..and yes yur bike is super clean lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts