Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was thinking of getting a trinity 440 kit or the yoshimura. what is the best or tell me any other barands that have one

·
Registered
394 Posts
Someting also to think of is that the Yoshi is more labor intensive being a stroker kit. Most of the other 440 kits, Trinity, LRD and others are top half kits. Be ready to tear down the entire motor to install the new crank with the Yosh...not fun!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but how exactly does one kit differ from another, besides for the actual size? Is it the quality of parts? People say that Trinity is the best, but how does it differ from any other 440 kit, like the Thumper? Just wondering...

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Yoshimura's kit comes with an ignition that has a higher redline. Also adding a longer stroke gets you more torque. Yoshimura's package has been around longer, but Trinity does good work also. I believe Yoshimuras price includes all the labor, and without piipe it is $1850. Trinity's is $1900 with the pipe.

I would also look into the CT 453 kit. There kit is $1850 and includes a carb and pipe.

I am sure you will happy with any of the kits that are available. Just pick which one you like better.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Luecker about said it, preference really. If you talk to each company, they will all tell you thiers is best. I did all the work on mine myself, so the standard bore and resleeve was just easier than having to split the case and install a stroker crank...and theres the difference between the stroker and the resleeve kits, the stroker gets its additional ccs from the longer deeper stroke, with the altered crank and piston as oppossed to the larger sleeve and piston diameter of a resleeve kit. Of course, just about all of their port work will be slightly different, but aimed in the same direction. I went with LRD, they were honest, and didn't try and sell me anything I didn't need.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but how exactly does one kit differ from another, besides for the actual size?  Is it the quality of parts?  People say that Trinity is the best, but how does it differ from any other 440 kit, like the Thumper? Just wondering...[/b]
a piston is not just a round piece of metal, look at the top of one, the shape/indentions on the top of them affect the airflow, some are higher compression which makes more power, the yoshi is a stroker which suposedly decreases reliability, the trinity is a lot more expensive, but comes with more stuff and the price includes installation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts