Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want some more hp. That is of course normal. I was wondering how Trinity's 440 Big Bore worked in the Z. I was wondering if anybody had gotten their valves job. I am wondering if it is the right place to go. That is a lot of money to spend for a big bore but if it is good than I don't mind it.

llknowlesll

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
its expensive cause it comes with a pipe, ive heard no problems wat so ever and i think its a good price with labor and a full system pipe

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have almost EXACTLY the same mods as you and I installed the 440 kit from Thumper. Made a big difference,,,,not the "big difference" that everyone talks when you put the pipe on,,, I done my Yosh full comp with jetkit and filter and it felt the same to me,,, like it added 0 horsepower,, until I raced someone that I used to run equal with before,,,could I tell the difference,,and then it was only 2 bike lengths faster in a standing start to top of 5th race,,,the 440 kit was a NO QUESTION horsepower enhancer,,,muchmore power. I have the 440 high compression piston and sleeve for sale,,,I JUST took it out today,,,it has approx 12hrs on it and looks great,,,,,based on the way it looks,,I'm saying less than 12 now. I'm going to the bigger 470 kit,,,not that the 440 isn't enough,,but I'm always looking for more power and ready to step it up some more. I originally said I'd take $170 for the set up (piston,rings,sleeve) but after looking over my paperwork,,, I'd be to close to giving it away at that price,,,the first person with $200 gets it. Check out the pics at this link http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jster171/lst?.d...ol+pics&.view=t
The ones I took today are pretty obvious,,, dirty piston and the sleeve pics are titled "for sale" I think.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You" MIGHT be wrong" is an understatement,,you are wrong. The piston is perfectly fine,,,running to lean is a condition resulting in a "fried"piston,, the carbon buildup is more accurate,,the 440 was normally ran with a 50/50 mix hence the light brown residue,,tear any motor down running pump gas or a mix and the piston will look VERY similar if it was tuned close to the 14:1 fuel air ratio.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I want some more hp. That is of course normal. I was wondering how Trinity's 440 Big Bore worked in the Z. I was wondering if anybody had gotten their valves job. I am wondering if it is the right place to go. That is a lot of money to spend for a big bore but if it is good than I don't mind it.  

llknowlesll[/b]
talk to WP, he has the trinity 440 kit, in fact, he has very first one made, the prototype if you will..... He taken his motor apart a half dozen time just to inspect the engine. He has nothing but big big praises for trinity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts