Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am going to try this and will let you all know if it works. Got a rear disk by Titax from Rocky Mountain for $49 for a 400ex and it fits :D has the vent holes in it and all. I did have to loosen the park brake as the rotor seems to be just a little thicker I did not measure it but I do not think it will be a problem It did stop the squeak when I rolled it back and forth but real riding will tell the truth.
I plan on going riding this Sunday so by that evening I hope to be able to give some good news on it.
My rotor was warped because when I took it off and laid it on the floor it could be rocked a little maybe .030 and in the Honda service manual it gave a warpage runout of .012 only.

Well installing the rotor stopped the squeak and I rode for several hours and even went through some water to make sure that it would not warp and still no squeak so you may want to try this to get rid of the rear rotor squeak

Later,
DadsZ400

·
Registered
620 Posts
mine squeek sometimes when wet or when sand is it them, but other than that i don't know how to stop them. i sprayed wd-40 om my buddies 250R seat and he couldn't even sit down without slipping.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
What I do to try to stop my brakes from squeeking is once I get out of the mud or water I stop somewhere and I apply the front and rear brakes a few times which usually stops the squeeking sometimes but not all the time.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
Registered
544 Posts
Cool but wont the dealer fix it????????????

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Barely legal, nope remove the 4 allen screws and it slips right off.
Quadgod, did not want a factory replacement that I am sure would warp again.

DadsZ400

1 - 8 of 8 Posts