Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Z400 with a full Yoshimura RS-2 and an open box air lid and I'm running a Power Commander 5. On they're website they have 5 different maps to choose from i would like to know which is best to your knowledge with my setup since they don't have the exact same set up I'm currently running

thanks in advance and yes a searched and found nothing really helpful
I'm trying to stay away from dyno time

·
Registered
348 Posts
Pick any of the 5 and you should be good. Truth is all those maps subtract fuel rather then adds it. I believe one of those maps is an actual Yoshimura map?

·
Registered
348 Posts
My honest opinion is, you will not tell the difference between either one. You need to run both back to back and see what you think. I'm not sure if the PC5 allows you to switch maps on the fly, but on my Juicebox Pro, I did several runs back to back the truth is I couldn't tell the difference between the two. Try running it with a stock map and compare the difference. The factory map came rich to begin with. By adding an exhaust and taking off the lid, you are actually equaling out the air fuel mixture. If I recall, I think I settled on the FMF because I thought it ran the best but that was just a butt dyno. Regardless of which map, your quad wil run just fine.

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,047 Posts
My honest opinion is, you will not tell the difference between either one. You need to run both back to back and see what you think. I'm not sure if the PC5 allows you to switch maps on the fly, but on my Juicebox Pro, I did several runs back to back the truth is I couldn't tell the difference between the two. Try running it with a stock map and compare the difference. The factory map came rich to begin with. By adding an exhaust and taking off the lid, you are actually equaling out the air fuel mixture. If I recall, I think I settled on the FMF because I thought it ran the best but that was just a butt dyno. Regardless of which map, your quad wil run just fine.
Run any of them if she runs good you know.. Butt dyno wont tell you much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
invest in an autotune for the pc5. there's one for sale in the classifieds for a good price. it takes the guesswork out of tuning.

·
Registered
296 Posts
camoweasel i looked at your post and then went and checked the maps on my pim2 vs stock and its not quite what you say. the map for a slip on only with an air box lid takes away fuel from the higher rpm but when i switch to the map for a full exhaust and no airbox lid it ads fuel almost everywhere. quite a bit is added at the higher rpm's as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks guys
Did you have a flat spot in your power while your lid was open? I have basically the same setup down to the year of the bike w a Dyno tune and it still has a flat spot. Going to try it with the lid closed up again and the yoshi preset tune on the website and see if it goes away. Ran perfect before I started modding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts