Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both are 08's

1st - one has full Yosh RS3. I ran it without the air box cover to see if it would run better. It had tons of top end power but had a huge dead spot I had to feather it to get moving. My Honda 250R loved the cover off.

2nd - Runing wide open it dies. Stop and move the tank valve on prime it starts again. I have a billet tank vent...checked it and it is breathing. Tanks was almost full. Could it be the dirt in the line?

Probably seems like easy stuff but if i get a place to start it'll be easier.

Thanx

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Full exhaust + open air box w/o jetting = very very lean air/fuel mixture, resulting in the big flat spot you're talking about.. the reason the 250R loved it is because it's a 2 stroke. The leaner you run a 2 stroke, the better they run and they'll seem to be really happy, until it locks up on you one day because the piston melted from over heating. Lean mixtures make the engine real hot. If you want to flat spot to go away, you gotta rejet the carb. This is also why it's probably dying when you run it wide open.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
1st: Did you re-jet it after you took the cover off? If no, you're running it lean.

2nd: Most likely it's your petcock, if you have to switch it to prime to get it started, your petcock isn't flowing fuel correctly. I'd toss it and put a raptor 660 petcock in, direct bolt on.

·
Registered
433 Posts
1st one is because it needs rejecting, 2nd is because the stock petcock is restrictive and prone to issues because it uses vacume as a safety feature replace it with a rappy 660 one
wow 3rd in line to answer lol i need to type faster

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome thanks for the info. Can you recomend the jet size or the kit needed to rejet the stock bike with the full yosh system?

Sorry but I'm a rookie dad with these bikes

·
Registered
198 Posts
155 minuki main and 25 minuki pilot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts