Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna go bigger,, just want more grunt,, after that I'll stroke it probably. Anyway,, its got about 12hrs on it,,, I'm gonna be selling the sleeve and the piston with rings. I'll take pics of it of course once I get the parts out so you can see that its fine. All you'll need is 2 gaskets,,base and head. I'll sell set up for $170 and I'll pay shipping. Let me know,,[email protected]

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
So all i would need to due is put in the new gaskets press out old sleeve press in new sleeve, put in piston and rings, and i got me a 440 kit. i know i should get ported and stuff but i can afford that right now for $170 port and polish can come later

A

·
0 Posts
I'm gonna go bigger,, just want more grunt,, after that I'll stroke it probably. Anyway,, its got about 12hrs on it,,, I'm gonna be selling the sleeve and the piston with rings. I'll take pics of it of course once I get the parts out so you can see that its fine. All you'll need is 2 gaskets,,base and head. I'll sell set up for $170 and I'll pay shipping. Let me know,,[email protected][/b]

SOMEBODY JUMP ON THAT!

·
Registered
14 Posts
How big of a piston is that?

is the sleeve as good as the nikasil/whatever coating that is in the cylinder stock?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yup need some pics i may be interested

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Who makes a 470 kit :?:

2003 suzuki z-400 Smoking fourwheelers everywhere
Dg front bumper
k&n filter
jet kit
Ac propeg nerfs
Suzuki swingarm skid

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thumper racing makes it,,,, I have the kit on the way,, it'll be here Tues. I'm gonna tear down my 440 tomorrow (Sat). I'll have the piston out for pics then,, but the sleeve wont be out of the cylinder till Tues.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
go 500 :D

A

·
0 Posts
What is involved in the 470 Thumper Kit? I might be interested in getting one of those.

llknowlesll

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the 440 high compression piston and sleeve for sale,,,I JUST took it out today,,,it has approx 12hrs on it and looks great,,,,,based on the way it looks,,I'm saying less than 12 now, you can still see some of the crosshatch on the cylinder wall.. I'm going to the bigger 470 kit,,,not that the 440 isn't enough,,but I'm always looking for more power and ready to step it up some more. I originally said I'd take $170 for the set up (piston,rings,sleeve) but after looking over my paperwork,,, I'd be to close to giving it away at that price,,,the first person with $200 gets it. Check out the pics at this link http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jster171/lst?.d...ol+pics&.view=t
The ones I took today are pretty obvious,,, dirty piston and the sleeve pics are titled "for sale" I think. Just to make everyone feel OK,,,I'm having the sleeve removed Tues,,, as soon as I get it back,,no later than Fri,,I'll have pics of the bare sleeve on there as well.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Remember,,this is the HIGH COMPRESSION piston,,so you HAVE to run race gas,,, a 50/50 mix with pump gas works fine.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
you use the stock rod with that kit?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes,,the stock rod works fine. The ONLY engine internals you'll change is the piston itself,,, the stock cylinder will have to be bored to accomodate the sleeve which will house the piston,,other than that,,all will be stock except for what you already may have,,,ie..exhaust, jet kit etc. When I installed the 440 kit,, I upgraded the clutch plates and springs cause I was told that the stockers may not hold up very long. For extra boost in the higher RPM range,, I installed cams as well,, but,,its NOT a must for the kit to perform well.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Yes,,the stock rod works fine. The ONLY engine internals you'll change is the piston itself,,, the stock cylinder will have to be bored to accomodate the sleeve which will house the piston,,other than that,,all will be stock except for what you already may have,,,ie..exhaust, jet kit etc. When I installed the 440 kit,, I upgraded the clutch plates and springs cause I was told that the stockers may not hold up very long. For extra boost in the higher RPM range,, I installed cams as well,, but,,its NOT a must for the kit to perform well.[/b]
what about carb? woulnd't you need a bigger carb with that much bigger cylinder? or just use really big jets?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I arn the stock carb for a while with a 150 main,,,done pretty darn good believe it or not,,, I ended up putting a 40mm FCR on it and it did give a little better throttle response and a stronger top speed. I say stronger top speed meaning it SLAMMED into the rev limiter in top gear with the big carb where as with the stocker it just kinda creeped into it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts