Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was finishing my build again.... and one of the bolts that holds the head to the jug felt like wasn’t tightening, (7ft lbs) and I didn’t feel the click in my torque wrench.... the bolt snapped off inside the jug...

Is this a HUGE problem? Or is it okay to run it like it is, they’re are the 4 head bolts that hold the head and jug to the motor so will this keep it together and not leak any oil? I have the one in and it’s fine but the second snapped

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,318 Posts
I would drill and EZout the broken bolt to satisfy my OCD ways, but 3 out of 4 ain’t bad. The head bolts have much more torque and hold it all together anyway, so I don’t see an issue running it like that. Opinions may vary, though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I spent $20 bucks on left handed drill bits and easy outs and so on... and I touched it with the left threaded drill bit and it started backing out, grabbed it with my fingers... got the $1.65 bolt on the way, just taking precautions...

I’m almost certain it would be just fine without it but just for cheap insurance I went ahead and got it.... I got too much in this motor build to let some $2 bolt ruin my 2,000$+ motor... appreciate the help!!

Yea the 4 main bolts that secure the head and jug to the cases should be enough... especially torqued to 35 or 38 ft lbs... well I think anyways

1 - 3 of 3 Posts