Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres my problem, my ltz400 cuts out when it gets wet, so i heard that i need to put some dielectric grease into my cdi connection and my spark plug boot to keep the water out. I recently did some research and found that dielectric grease is a non-conductor and should never be used in electrical components, so whats the truth here? Am i safe to go ahead and use the stuff or is it a no go?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,510 Posts
Using a q-tip, toothpick, etc. you can lay a bead of dielectric grease on the inside lip of the connector without getting it on the pins. Also coat the backsides of the connectors with hot glue or liquid electrical tape. The idea is to keep water out without interfering with the connection. Many ways to do it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
just posting so I can see pics for now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,890 Posts
its dielectric grease you can fill the connection with it
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top