Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new thread for making it organize...

new clutch , new weisco piston and bore (90 mm), kibblewhites valves (+1) , kw duel springs, valves seat were cut to fit new valves, new starter

now its my 3rd time im taking the quad out , it start fine , but after like 10-60 min its sometimes start sometimes not , and almost always will backfire,
i readjust the shims 2 times already (got bigger clearancce if i recall right), now on last ride after like 40 minutus of driving i lost power on all gears with full throttle (low power at wot) , it wouldnt start unless i will push start it, and after it sat for like 5 minutes (when i stopped for 5 min), the starter suddenly does start it.... i will open valve cover again and check clearence..... is there is something i miss??

·
Super Moderator
3,357 Posts
Doesn't look like a valve issue then.I would do a compression check just for confirmation. Then I would start looking at fuel restrctions from the tank cap to the carb...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
i thinking gas cap not venting enough

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after the last ride i was thinking diffrently as well. it backfire alot at WOT and it sometimes shutoff while im driving it ,
i rode for 4 hours it usually start with the botton , but after like 4 hours it whouldnt, then suddenlu it did start, i tryed with fuel cap off as well, i was thinking its something about the carb its not oem carb its looks like cheap replacment from ebay(bought it like this) , i will try to swap it with another ltz that i have that has stock carb...

could it be the carb , and how do i know which size jets i have?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't look like a valve issue then.I would do a compression check just for confirmation. Then I would start looking at fuel restrctions from the tank cap to the carb...
i will do compression check, tho i have godd fuel coming from tank to carb (raptor 660 petcock), i think it somethink in the carb...

·
Super Moderator
3,357 Posts
The Fcr 39mm has quicker response, and can make more power with engine mods then the stock carb 36/37mm. I wont swear its faster on a stock swap, but you'll notice the response, once its all set up.
Takes a bit of work to make it fit. Search for the install thread on here.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did search , not so easy to understand for ppl like me (noobs), its tha same price as used oem once isnt it?
is this 1 decent?
or should i get used fcr?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK opened the carb ,
the one who said needle jet(main?) it was 130
starter jet was 60
pilot jet was 225
pilot screw was out 3-4 turns out
way off from what i understand???
no mod that i know ,close air box, junky carburator replacment for oem, and about 700f elevation ....

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
guys i can use ur help plz , changed my main jet to 144 , runs a bit better, in idle is good ,until like 1/4 throttle, when i pass that spot , it backfire and low power, that mean i need bigger jer(lean?)?

·
Super Moderator
3,357 Posts
Yes, it still sounds lean, go a bit bigger. check that the exhaust is tight at the head, and that the boot is on the carb good.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
ok ty for reply,
about that exuast , i oticed that on my other quad there is conection with like bearing from the inside and clamp from the outside, on my quad there isnt any of those 2 ,on the connection between the muffler and the pipe, can thaat effect somehing?

·
Super Moderator
4,191 Posts
Looks like it, just make sure it’s from a 400ex.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is there is any reason that i would be lean , after new valves(kw +1) and piston?
didnt do anything to allow more airflow ...
now im defo lean, chould it be? or its vacum issue or something?

·
Super Moderator
4,191 Posts
Check with CFM for more accurate info, but as I understand it: If you have a bigger carb and aftermarket cams, then the stock valves become the choke point of really letting this motor breathe. Going to a +1 valve changes the amount of air entering the cylinder, which requires richer jetting. Even changing the air filter type or removing the airbox lid could make a noticeable difference. Anything that increases airflow needs a re-jet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright , i will need to replace this shity chinese carb asap anyway, i didnt install my ex boot/removed lid , couse i want to get to the point where it runs fine, and start modding from there. im realy not sure now if to invest like100 $ for used oem carb , or go for like 250$ , for fcr , not include he cable and stuff...

anyway i will wait for @CFM to come as well ,
thx for the knowledge jet :)

·
Super Moderator
4,191 Posts
I would do it all at once or you’ll be rejetting over and over every time you change something. Spend the extra cash on the FCR, you’ll love it.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts